Chapter 8

Danielle sat outside of Kate's apartment complex in her car staring at the front door. She couldn't feel her feet below her. It had been 2 months since she had last seen or talked to Kate. 2 months since Kate had fully healed and made it out of the hospital.

Suddenly Danielle felt sick as she became overwhelmed by the horrible memories from 2 months ago. Danielle slowly reached for keys that were still in the ignition. She turned the ignition off and laid her head on the steering wheel. She couldn't believe how nervous she was feeling. Her stomach began doing summersaults instead of backflips. Danielle took a deep breath and raised her head slowly. She took one more look at the Kate's complex before pulling her keys out of the ignition.

Danielle stepped out of her car closing the car door behind her. As her feet led her to the door of Kate's apartment complex, Adam's face invaded her mind. She tried to shake it but she couldn't. Danielle and Adam had separated about a month ago because he could feel that her heart was somewhere else. Danielle was sick over the breakup but at the same time she understood that she needed to figure out where she really wanted to be.

Danielle opened the door to Kate's complex and headed up the stairs to Kate's apartment. Once she got to the top floor she stood in front of Kate's apartment with her heart in her stomach. She could hear Kate's laughter through the door. 'She must have company' Danielle thought. That thought almost immediately made Danielle run back down the steps. Once she reached the floor below Kate's, something stopped her right in her tracks. "You have to do this". Something inside of Danielle spoke very loudly to her. Danielle wanted to continue down the steps but she knew the voice inside of her was very much correct.

She headed her way back up the steps to the front door of Kate's apartment. She knocked on the door before she had a chance to think and potentially run back down the stairs.

It felt like forever but after about 30 seconds Kate opened the door. Danielle stood there frozen. The words that she had rehearsed on the way to Kate's home escaped her. Danielle tried to search Kate's face but she couldn't quite place her emotions. Kate's face was a mix of happy, sad, embarrassment and shock.

"Hey" Kate spoke interrupting Danielle's thoughts as if she knew where her thoughts were headed.

"Hey, are you busy? I can come back later if you are..." Danielle trailed off. Her eyes were on everything but Kate's.

"No I'm not busy at all, come in."

Danielle took a step into Kate's apartment which felt very unfamiliar to her. She turned to her left where she saw the TV on Kate's favorite show. 'That must've been what she was laughing at' Danielle thought. A smile appeared on her face as Kate closed the door and walked over to where the red head was standing.

"So, what's up?" Kate stood in front of Danielle very closely. This made the red head so nervous she lost her thoughts once again.

Danielle suddenly grabbed the blonde and placed her lips on hers. The kiss felt as if it lasted forever. They kissed and kissed so passionately that Kate let out a moan into Danielle's mouth.

Kate pulled herself away from the kiss and looked astonishingly into Dan's eyes. "Dan what's—"

The red head pulled the blonde back into her embrace. "I choose you. I love you. I need you."

"Dan I don't know..." The blonde trailed off.

"You don't know, but I do. I should've chose you from the beginning but I was lost. I didn't know what I wanted but now I do. It's you, and it's always been you." Danielle said still holding tight to the blonde's waist. Danielle wasn't letting go. She knew that she had let this thing go on for too long.

Kate tried to pull herself away from Dan's embrace but couldn't, because she really didn't want to.

"I'm sorry for everything Kate. I shouldn't have let it go this far."

Kate stood in front of Danielle frozen. "Ok" She said letting go of the fake fight she was trying to put up to break away from Dan. "I'm yours." The blonde spoke one more time before they fell into each other's passionate kiss once again.

THE END