3 - StarBucks

"Okay time to get out my house." I call as I grab my car keys. It was the next morning and Lis, Dawn and Nate decided to sleep over again.

"Okay we are coming." They groan as they hobbled through, their disheveled appearances cause me to chuckle.

"Hurry up. I'm already going to be late for work so come on, quick, quick." I clap my hands and push them out the door.

"Catch yah." I send a small wave as I jump into my car and start the engine, backing out of my driveway and onto the road.

I sped to work and quickly parked my car, the park job was so horrendous it made me cringe. I had no time to fix it though so I shook my head and ran up the road to work. 

On the way I bumped into someone as I was looking at my phone while running and toppled to the ground, making my handbag's insides spill everywhere on the floor.

"Shit." I mutter and kneel down to pick up my stuff. I feel the presence of another person as they bend over and help me pick my stuff up.

"I'm so sorry mate, I was just rushing cause I'm late for work I'm so sorry-" I look up to lock eyes with beautiful green ones, only to cower back slightly as he smirked. Huh, so his eyes are green?

"Woah, do you believe in love at first sight or would you like me to walk past again?" I blurted out and pointed in the direction I was coming from and mentally face palmed myself. You could've said anything Margo, absolutely anything...

"I- um..." He scrunched his eyebrows together and stood up. I followed his actions and stood up as well, watching him rake his long fingers through his curly hair.

"Uh- well I got to go to work because I'm already late." I look down at my wrist and point to my imaginary watch with a shrug.

"Bye." I walk in the opposite direction half on purpose before realising I was going the wrong way. I quickly walked past and chuckled before pointing towards my work.

"Oh. I went the wrong way... Silly me." I say as I pass his bewildered expression and wink vigorously, hoping he would get the point of me walking past again. I'm guessing he understood due to his relaxing brows and playful smirk.

I ran up the street and entered Starbucks, panting quite loudly while I walked behind the counter.

"Late again I see." My boss Linda mutters just audible enough for me to hear.

"Sorry. Bumped into a pretty boy... Literally." I huff as I stuck on my name tag and began to serve customers.

I was about four hours into my shift with three to go when I see a familiar, devilish face enter the cafe.

"Great." I mutter as I watch him take a seat at a nearby table. Tapping his hand against the table as he looked around the room.

"Margo." Linda whisper-yelled.

"What!" I whisper-yelled back, making her jaw clench.

"Go serve that man that just walked in." She tells me as my eyes widen and I shake my head.

"No way. Nope. There is no way I am going to serve him." I shake my hands and head hysterically, making her roll her eyes at my childish behaviour.

"Just go." She pushes me out from the counter, making me topple slightly and she pointed over at the curly haired boy.

I groan and clench my jaw, muttering curse words as I hobbled towards him. I quickly gave him a faint smile as he looked up at me and I began to talk.