26

"Ben, you should go study. I'll be watching TV or something." As soon as we've made it home and put away the groceries, I try to get rid of Ben. I have a lot to think about and a lot to ask Robin.

"You sure?" My brother asks. I nod.

"Yeah. You need to pass those exams if you want to be a police officer, and I know you struggle when you don't study." I offer him a small smile, as fake as can be, and he buys it.

"Okay. I'll probably have headphones in, as usual. You'll have to text or call me if you need something." He says before heading upstairs. I wait a few minutes, going to the fridge and eating a few berries and a banana to pass the time.

And because I'm hungry.

He will not hear. He is busy.

"Can you see him?"

We can hear his thoughts from here. We can hear anyone we desire from anywhere we desire.

"Hm. That's useful. Good to know... How did I stand up before? You never mentioned I could do that. I would've been walking everywhere if I'd known."

We did not know you could. It was not an ability you possessed. We have double and triple checked.

"Then how did I do it?"

The woman's mental attack must have triggered an automatic response from your powers. Now they work not only on inanimate objects and minds, but other parts of the body too.

"You mean I can unlock the use of my legs?"

Correct. You can also weaken or strengthen body parts of yourself and others, but it will require much training and self-experimenting as we only know as much about this as you now do.

"Wow, okay. I need to work on that and projecting... Mya's mum said I'm stronger than you know or something like that. Does that mean that you don't understand my abilities anymore?"

It simply means we cannot examine your progress as easily. You have blocked us from measuring how strong you are. We can only see what you have potential for and what you can show us yourself.

"Robin, is it possible to only block certain people? Or to only let one or two people into my mind?"

It is potential, yes, but we do not know for certain and it is safer if you block everyone, at least until you have more control.

"Even you?"

Even us. It is only because you were in a heightened state of fear that your projecting activated today. The adrenalin overtook any qualms or deficiencies in strength your mind has, purely because you were in danger.

"Robin, you were in danger too. That's what really got me--" I'm cut off when Cara's phone rings.

"Sweets for me sweetie, sugar f--"

"Hey, Cisco." I answer immediately, mentally reminding myself that I have to start putting Cara's phone on silent.

"Morning Cara. I know we spoke earlier, but I was wondering if there was any chance of you joining us at the lab today. We have a new case that Wells wants you to advise on." Cisco rushes in his usual excited tone.

"Wells asked for me personally?" I ask, a mixture of confusion, surprise and awe forming inside me.

"Sure did. It was the first thing he said when he arrived this morning. He wants us to work on the piano, but mainly he wants you here for this case. It's a tricky one." Cisco explains.