I

Tsunemori Akane POV

Today was another average work day filled with numerous tasks and targets to come. I'm sitting in the same ol' office emotionlessly skipping through certain files and records. I've been working here for 3 years already or even more... Didn't really count.
You may wonder how do I not get tired when there's so much stressful stuff surrounding. I'm simply... accustomed to it somehow. Once you realize the idea of what your work is it becomes much easier to manage both your emotions and actions. Chasing and exterminating the guilty ones as an everyday chores. My colleagues praise me for always keeping coolness, a clear mind and yet tactfulness when making decisions on missions. But I simply think you must not judge people only by what Dominator (or should I say Sybil?) tells you about them; you first of all should think of how you can help an innocent to reduce their level of stress - which could have risen up because of a simple fear - if possible, yet you should act swiftly. Once it's a real criminal out there who carries enormous danger to the society (and you can see it with your own eyes, you can sense it), there's no other way to get that person back to
sanity but by 'lethal extermination'. Sybil system doesn't allow you to do anything else but that. Experiencing such things for a long time made me more cool-headed, I suppose.
I said before... you shouldn't blindly believe the Dominator. And that's because several situations that occurred to me some time ago... They proved it.

Gaah, bragging about not being able to get tired is probably the worst lie ever existed about my lifestyle. I am a human after all and have my limits of everyday energy too. Actually, the more exhausted I get the more I tend to fall into deep thoughts and memories from the past... I stare blankly in the window with a hand under my chin. The sky gradually grows darker and various colorful city lights come alive along with traffic ones that never cease to stop. People are walking here and there, everyone with different affairs... Such a mesmerizing and relaxing view. This metal-clad city really never sleeps. It's only the time for it to awaken. Interesting, what time is it? I glance at my watch. Oh... it's almost 7 p.m.
7 o'clock. That means...
Suddenly I heard someone calling me out.

– ...ne! ...kane! Oi, Akane! What's up with you today?

I instantly snap back to my senses once I see Kogami waving his hand in front of my face.

– I-I'm sorry, Ko-chan. Just seemed to escape from reality for a second. I think that should be enough work for today.
– Definitely. I appreciate your efforts but still you shouldn't overdo yourself, alright?
– I know, I know~. But when it comes to solving hard cases, guess, it can't be helped but to give your all, – I forced a smile, – Thanks for worrying, anyway.

I was gathering my things in the purse while Kogami with his hands in pockets of the black suit jacket strolled slowly past the board filled with multiple "cut-outs" from newspapers of different years that mentioned criminal activity or unique cases that needed solution and photos of criminals as well, ones that are caught and to be caught soon. Kogami stopped. He locked his stare on a photo of a white haired man. Makishima Shogo. His photograph was stricken through with a red marker.

– God... Some of these were such a pain just remembering what they did, – he said in a bit detached manner, – At least I'm glad these jerks got what they deserved.

Oh, right... Since the day Makishima wasn't found neither dead nor alive it was decided to claim he went missing and eventually passed away in some detached place as it'd be hard for him to cope with such deep wounds by himself. Two years have passed since that news.

– By the way... Akane.
– Hm? What is it?
– How do I put it... – he scratched his hind head and barely could make a proper eye contact (what's going on?), – Do you mind going out with me today? But not as an... Inspector and Enforcer... Just... go out. I found a good bar recently and thought it won't hurt for you to check it out. To chill out from work a bit. So... how do you see it, Tsunemori-san?
– What's with that formality? – I said teasingly, – Never mind it. Going out... I'd love to but, honestly, I'm pretty busy today so, unfortunately...
– Wha?! You even work on your time-off?
– You can put it that way, hehe... – I glanced at my smartphone checking for the time, – I'm terribly sorry, Kogami, but I already have to go. Till tomorrow!
...

<Unread messages: (1)>

I opened the message as I hurriedly came out of the office.
"Who could it be at this time?"
I scanned through its contents.
"Oh, that's how it is..."
And directed towards the underground, turning off the tracking feature on my Psycho-Pass...

--------------------------------
Hello there, reader!
So! *epic drumroll*
I've got a really nice story coming up here so I hope it all goes well and you enjoy it! As always, feel free to say what you think of it, what I should add up or change.
I'll be making revisions and corrections by myself from time to time too but it'd be really-really nice to hear out your opinion :)