V

No one's POV

Two months have passed since Tsunemori Akane has paired up with Makishima Shogo. They've run over the plan, shared ideas and few days after decided to make the first move.

The main point was imperceptible destruction. It doesn't involve any bloody scenes (though Shogo sometimes gets carried away). It just looks like as if they lead an unsuspicious life of "respectable citizens and Sybil's humble servants". While in reality every day with a sleight of their hands and wit they make tiny violations that even The Artificial Intelligence cannot see.

If the system which supposed to be perfect and track everyone and everything gets confused like this eventually it will lead to its weakening. Little crack follows another gradually turning in a bigger one and tiny metal elements keep corroding one by one to the extent the whole construction crumbles. Knowing that the System was attempted to be shattered once, it all looked even easier to deal with. Sybil might have come back to normal state but past events will never bring it to the same one as before. It might have become stronger but with that revealed plenty of "tender spots" as well.

As far as you can control your mind perfectly your Psycho-Pass will stay clear. Both Tsunemori Akane and Makishima Shogo were able to manage with it - as Kagari would say - "like a boss". One can say they're alike but yet not the half of each other. They were only a bit different in their views on "how to save the world from corruption". Still, now they've integrated each other's ideas into a scheme which satisfied both. This mission didn't seem so much of a problem for them since their Crime Coefficient was out of Sybil's reach.

Tsunemori didn't lose a moment to message her companion via restricted network on the ongoing situation. She managed with balancing between two sides pretty well. This time she felt extremely light. Maybe that was because she finally does something fully according to her will.

Working together has obviously brought the two much closer. Tense air that surrounded at first days dissolved completely. Sometimes they spent the free evenings debating over certain books passionately to the extent of losing their voices. The other day Akane used to take a couple of holographic puzzles to solve. Sometimes the little brunette would just plop on the couch beside Makishima and they'd barely share a word looking in the city depths through the window. Only a slightly audible sound of cups touching the saucer after one more sip of tea. The Inspector didn't come over every day. But if she did it was for sure both of them enjoyed each other's company.

One day Akane came to Shogo to find him looking completely drained. He stared blankly into nowhere. This made Akane uneasy. They've grown a pretty tight bond helping out each other and constantly discussing this and that. She wasn't sure Makishima trusted her completely but still when she was facing such a scene a throbbing pain pierced her heart. She cared for him. She could do anything for him. She knew that most probably she won't receive that feeling back. I'm only doing what has to be done, Akane thought. Again? Voice from another side of her mind reverberated. The lady sighed. Maybe. With reluctance but answered Inspector to herself.

– Shogo? Hey...

She approached him carefully as if nearing the sleeping beast. Meanwhile the white haired man murmured something but Akane couldn't make it out. The tension in the air only increased. She continued to come closer to her companion.

– Shogo...

But only her hand touched his shoulder in a casual manner when Shogo suddenly jumped from where he was sitting and caught Akane by her wrists.