|seven|

You believed that being my friend was all I needed to leave you be

I cried when I found out Jeremy was going to die. I cried in the middle of Elena's living room, having Klaus watch me have an epic breakdown. I didn't get what it meant, even though I should have, when I saw him. I just remember being in a dark and cold placer, only hearing the echoes of a snapping noise, ringing in my ears. It got louder every time I got closer; making me wail when I saw an empty tomb with a small little box. Klaus had to scream at me while covering his ears to make me stop. When I did, I force him to swear not to tell anyone before he disappeared to find Tyler, despite mine and Caroline's wishes.

If only I knew better, though. When Elena figured out he was dead, she had a meltdown, realizing that was the only family she had. Damon had to use the sire bond to make her turn off her humanity because of how much pain she was dealing with, although many of us disagreed with his actions.

Now, Elena is humanity-less and I'm in my room, staring at my ceiling. Today, was a test I took in Sophomore year, so I stayed home, although I faked being sick so my mom could call the school. I couldn't face everything going on today.

I'm afraid that if I step outside, I'm going to end up going to face death in the face again. I wake interrupted out of my thoughts when I see my phone buzz. I pick it up, only to see it was Klaus calling, "I didn't mean literal death." I groaned, turning down my volume to vibrate.

After all the 'I'll stab with a lamp and bleed you out, only to save you' situation, Klaus has been calling me nonstop and texting me. I never respond to neither, making him call twice as much. I'm just glad he hasn't stop by my house. He couldn't either way, since he's hellbent on finding Tyler. However, right now, he's searching for Hayley.

Okay yeah, I listen to his voicemails. It's the least I can do to be updated in today's daily drama. Getting back on topic, Hayley was the one who lead Katherine to the cure, having her to lead Jeremy to death.

Sighing, I roll onto my stomach, my face suffocated by my pillow. I needed to sleep. I haven't got a chance to, because I'm holding in my screams. I know it sounds crazy, but it isn't. I feel death and I see it, but I'm forcing myself not to scream. I know it's risky, especially when I don't know what can happen, but it's just terrible having to experience all of this. I've gained a massive headache because of this and it's only making me stress.

Hearing my phone ring again, I pick it up and press decline, seeing Klaus' name disappear from my screen. I sit up in my bed finally, seeing texts on my phone, rather than a voicemail, pop up on my phone, so I decided to click on it. It was more than ten messages, summing up for me to go to his house and help him with something. He even put please, despite it having a exclamation point next to it. Who am I to say no?

I get up from, my conscious kicking my ass mentally on how completely idiotic I am, as I go take my shower. I know, but I haven't forgiven him. And it's not like I'm his beck and call. I just feel like an ounce of his joyful side will approach when I go. I've kept my strength up for long enough; avoiding him and everyone in my path.

When I finished my shower, I put on a plaid light brown shirt and black jeans. I slip on my brown wedges, making my way down to my car. Prom was in a few days and I was ultimately excited. This year was challengingly long due to a few complications. I've been competing with Caroline over who's going to be valedictorian, although it might be her since I've been distracted.

I get in my car and drive to his house, knowing the directions. Everyone is doing their own thing today. Elena is currently trying to be fixed by the Salvatore brothers, and Caroline is focus on prom committee and Tyler, so I have to do something until graduation. I should write my speech, but it would be a complete and utter waste if I'm not valedictorian.