EIGHT

CHAPTER 8 | Girlfriend?
"YOU'RE GIVING ME a heart attack, looking like you do"

ALTHOUGH THE BOYS ended up losing, they played a hard fought game and for once they did not giving up the lead in the third period. Tessa and Izzy waited for the arena to slowly clear out before they stood up to leave.

"Tessa Whitley?" A man with an unrecognizable voice asked.

Tessa turned around and answered, "That's me." The man was in a black suit with the Air Canada Centre logo on a pin attached to his jacket and he had an earpiece in his ear. Both Tessa and Izzy were confused, but Izzy had an idea as to why they were being stopped.

"If you ladies wouldn't mind, could you follow me downstairs? One of the boys asked for you." He stated and they both nodded then followed the man. They walked towards one of the sections then went to the bottom and entered the area that way. The man led them to the locker room and told the two women to stay by the curtain.

A couple of the guys were already starting to leave, most of them talking to each other and some of them texting, but Tessa didn't pay attention to them, instead she focused her attention on waiting for Auston.

William Nylander and Mitch Marner walked out and Mitch recognized her in an instant. William and him turned to walk over to them and Mitch quickly filled in William as to who she was. William approached them first and Tessa said, "You're William Nylander."

He smiles then shakes her hand, "and you're Tessa Whitley."

"That's me and this is my friend Izzy." She says and points to her best friend.

Mitch interrupts the meeting by yelling, "IT'S MY BEST FRIEND."

"What? No, buddy, she's my best friend." Izzy states looking directly at Mitch and Mitch slowly backs away because when Izzy gets mad, she looks terrifying.

"She can be both of your best friends," A new voice says, "as long as she can be my girlfriend."