Chapter 1

This is my first story, hope you like it!

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

•Brittany's POV•

My name is Brittany Pearce and I live with my mom, Suzan, my dad, Chance, and my little brother, James. I'm 13 years old and in the 7th grade.

"Ouch!" I yelled as I hit the ground hard.

Today was my third day attempting to snowboard in Wintergreen, VA. I was here with my family for the weekend because we had a few days off school.

I personally thought I was pretty bad at snowboarding, but my friends and family kept telling me otherwise.

"Mom can we please go get some lunch now?" I asked for like the millionth time.

We had been on the slopes since 9:00 this morning and it was now 2:00 in the afternoon. I was exhausted, starving, had to go to the bathroom, and was in a lot of pain from constantly falling on the ground.

"I guess now would be a good time to take a break", she said. "Let me call dad and James and tell them to meet us at the restaurant in 15 minutes."

"Alright." I said. "But can you tell them to please hurry!"

Once we got to the restaurant, I went straight to the bathroom. I took off my jacket and my helmet. Then I fixed my hair. It looked like I had been electrocuted!

When I walked out of the bathroom, I looked around for my family. The restaurant was packed.

As I was scanning the room. I noticed a group if girls crowded around a table. There were so many of them, I couldn't see who was sitting there.

It was kind of loud in the restaurant so I could only catch phrases of what the girls huddled around the table were saying

I heard, "Omg I love you!", "Can you sign this for me please!", and "I can't believe he's actually here!"

By then I was really curious. I wanted to know what all the fuss was about. So I started to walk over to the table.

As I got a little closer, I stopped dead in my tracks and just stared. Sitting at the table surrounded by 20 screaming girls, was Hayes Grier.

At first I was so stunned I couldn't do anything but stare. And then, to my amazement, Hayes saw me and stared back, and then he smiled.

Soon after I shook myself out of the daze I was in, I decided to pretend I hadn't seen him and he hadn't seen me. So I kept on looking for where my family was sitting.

I soon found them sitting about two tables down from Hayes.

Yes! I thought. I might get a chance later to say hey or something. Maybe even get a picture with him!

But I figured I had to just play it cool and not go all annoying fangirl on him like everyone else was.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

So this is the first chapter. I know it's kinda boring, but it'll get more interesting later on (: