Chapter 19

•Brittany's POV•

I guess I had fallen asleep during the movie leaning on Hayes. Whoops.

I also woke up before him so I tried to get up with out waking him.

It actually worked this time, so once I got up and got my stuff together, I crept back to my place.

My whole family was still asleep when I got there. We all tend to sleep late so I don't know why I woke up early today. It was only 8:00!

So I decided to just lay down on the couch and watch TV quietly.

About an hour later. My dad came out of his room.

"Good morning honey. Did you have fun with Hayes yesterday?" he asks.

"Good morning and yes I did" I reply while blushing slightly.

"Hahaha that's good. He's a nice boy. I like him" my dad replies.

"Yeah. I'm going to miss them a lot when we go back home."

"Yes we all will miss them. We should try to keep in touch. Maybe we'll see them again sometime."

"Yeah maybe."

Suddenly my phone buzzes.

I pick it up from the table where I set it when I walked in earlier. It was a text from Hayes.

Hayes: why'd you leave me?😢

Awh now I feel bad.

Me: I'm sorry I had to get back to see my family & I didn't want to wake u up

Hayes: lol it's ok. But aren't you leaving today?

Me: yes😭

Hayes: me too. I don't wanna leave this place

Hayes: & I don't wanna leave you..😖

When I read that text I felt something heavy in my heart. Hayes really cared for me, even though he'd only known me for a few days.

But I felt the same. I'd always been a fan of his. Just your average fangirl that follows him on is social-media and gossips about him with friends. But now...I really knew him. I knew the Hayes Grier that thousands of girls are thirsty for and will only meet him in their dreams. I knew him. I kissed him. And now I have to leave him.

•Hayes' POV•

When I woke up, Brittany was gone. She wasn't laying next to me on the couch like I expected her to be.

So I texted her and found out that she had gone back to her family. And that she was leaving today like we were.

I am going to miss her. A lot. I really started to like her too. There was something about her that I loved. Well, I think I'm a little too young to love somebody yet. I'm only 13. Well...almost 14. So there was something about her that I really liked.

My family woke up before me. That's what woke me up. If they hadn't, I'd of slept till 12:00.

"Hayes honey, you need to start packing. We're going to leave by 1:00" my mom says.

"Okay mom, I'll go pack."

So I headed back to my room I had two hours so I slowly started to pack up all of my stuff.

•Nash's POV•

I've officially given up on Brittany. After I saw her and Hayes kissing I knew I didn't have a chance.

They looked so happy together. And it would just be easier for everyone if I wasn't trying to get in between them.

I decided to go for the 'older brother you never had' role instead of the 'boyfriend of your dreams' role.

So I go tell Hayes this.

"Hayes? I need to tell ya something."

"What now Nash?" he responds sounding very annoyed.

"I think you and Brit have something special. I don't know exactly what it is, but y'all just seem to really like each other and I'm going to respect that. I'm sorry for trying to mess up y'all's little relationship-"

My 'speech' was rudely interrupted by Hayes.

"Yeah okay whatever. We're not even in a relationship anyway so why even bother."

Damn what crawled up his ass this morning?

"Well probably never seen them again once we leave here" he whispers, almost to himself.

But now I understand. He's sad and cranky because we have to leave today. Which I totally get. Our family's have actually become pretty close over the few days that we've been together.

"Look dude, I'm sorry that we have to leave. We're all going to miss them and I'm sure they're all going to miss us. But hey, you never know we might seen them again sometime" I say trying to cheer him up a little.

"Yeah I know. I'm sorry for snapping at you, I'm just going to miss her. I really like her ya know."

"Oh I'm well aware that little Haysie Boo has a crush" I say while winking.

Hayes just rolls his eyes and walk away to go finish his packing.