chapter twenty-two (adelia)

Chapter twenty-two (Adelia)

I grin, for the lost boys had come to our aid. Felix smirks, and tosses me a dagger, which I catch from the hilt. I turn to face the frightened adults and prepare to fight. Soon, arrows are flying, not to mention magic balls of fire as well.

"Adelia!" Felix warns, and I turn to see Tink behind me, brandishing a knife. She lunges at me, but I duck just in time so the blade doesn't reach me. Fueled by adrenaline, I reach around and sweep her feet from under her. She scratches my arm with sharp nails, and I shriek as her claws go deeper and deeper, but not deep enough to break the skin. I reposition my arm, and punch her square in the jaw. The pain stops as she releases her grip, and puts her hand to her mouth. Peter takes a quick second to express how proud he is by giving a quick smirk in my direction. I grin back, but it's too late, for he's already turned to face the enemy.

I turn from the knocked-down Tinkerbell to see another lost boy (one I'm unacquainted with) pushed against a tree, and I panic as Regina enters his hand into his chest. I rush over, delivering an unexpected kick to Regina's stomach. I'm filled with guilt, because all they want is to save Henry. But she falls to the ground as I help the lost boy regain his balance. She gets up quickly, cursing at me.

"You think you can defeat me? I'm the queen!" she yells.

"Is that right? Maybe in your own land, because here, I'm queen." I snarl.

"He's turned you evil, you're one of them." She states.

"A what?"

"A lost boy."

"Lost girl." I sarcastically correct her.

"How can you joke about this? You killed my son!" she accuses.

"I did nothing!" I exclaim in my defense.

"Mo-" Regina begins, but slumps to the ground. A lost boy stands behind her, with a flower filled with pollen.

"The pollen. It'll knock her out for a while." he clarifies. I nod my head in thanks, and without another word, we turn our backs to each-other and part separate ways.

Turning to look for an attacker, I spot Charming with a bow, aiming at an unsuspecting Felix.

"No!" I scream, and watch as the arrow is pulled back.

Dashing over to Felix, I watch in horror as the arrow is released from the bow.

Blocking Felix from the shot, I scream as the arrow embeds itself into my upper thigh. Pain rushes through me as I crumple to the ground. The trees above me become blurry, and everything slowly fades into darkness as I hear the beloved voice of Peter yell my name, and his bright green eyes searching mine.

Hey guys! I recently posted a new story, "Immune" (only one chapter so far) but it would mean a lot if you read it and commented whether I should continue or not.