Troubles to Come; Asano's Father

Karma's POV

The next day, it felt as if everyone forgot about yesterday which made me very nervous. What if they told Koro sensei? What if they told the principal? Our lives would be over, and I would never see Asano again. I could never think of a day without Asano, and I am pretty sure Asano would never survive without me. I was dying inside. 

"Karma, what's wrong?" asked Nagisa. 

"Nothing, just spaced out." I shrugged my shoulders as if I could care about the world being blown up by a yellow octopus. 

"Right," said Nagisa, "is it about yesterday. Don't worry, no one told anybody. We all promised." he smiled as if he knew what I was thinking about. 

I nodded and went back to math scrambling to finish, so that I could get out of here as soon as possible. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

Asano's POV 

The next morning, I crawled out of bed and stared at my hair. I shook my head and quickly got dressed changing my ugly appearance. I took a lot of medicine yesterday in order to get well, and I was still feeling a bit of the side effects of one of the medicines making me kind of drowsy. I scampered downstairs hurriedly and grabbed one of the pieces of toast that happened to be lying around and munched on it. I looked at my watch and realized I was two minutes late, not really though. My father always wanted me early to school, but no matter how early I was he always called me late which I could never understand why even though I was way to early anyways. 

"You're late, Asano." Father scolded me. 

"Sorry Father." I bowed my head hoping he would not hit me. 

"I won't punish you this time, but next time I would. Don't let me down." He glared at me with an icy look. 

I nodded my head and quickly walked out of his room. His room was always creepy to me. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

Asano's father's POV

"Sakakibara kun, I want you to spy on my son, please. You have known him for a long time, so I know I can trust you to take care of my son. I know my son is up to something, and I want to know just what it is. Can you do it?" smiling knowing that he won't refuse my orders. 

"Of course, I want to know what my best friend has been doing lately as well. I'll report back to you every day." he smiles. 

I will get to the end of this if it is that last thing I do. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karma's POV

I was waiting ten minutes into lunch for Asano, and he still did not appear yet. I was getting a bit worried and a bit impatient. I almost decided to call it quits when I saw him running to me. 

"Why were you late? You would never be late. Why are you running?" I asked as many questions as I could. 

"I think my father has picked up my scent. We need to be even more careful now. I think Sakakibara is with my father too. Since we only have fifteen minutes left, I'll pick the song." 

Asano pulled out his phone and went through his list of songs. I glanced over his shoulder and pointed to that one. 

"You sure?" he asked. 

I nodded my head and smiled. 

Shelter by Porter Robinson and Madeon 

I listened to Asano sing this song. I have always loved this song because it made me think of my parents even though they were never around for me. 

As it was approaching the end, I joined in with Asano and sang the last chorus: 

Oh, it's a long way forward, trust in me
I'll give them shelter like you've done for me
And I know, I'm not alone, you'll be watching over us
Until...  

The two of us were out of breath and lying on the grass. I held Asano's hand, and he stared at me sweetly. I looked at the big blue sky and closed my eyes. This was what I wanted for the rest of my life if there were no interference. Just me and Asano. 

Author's note

Sorry for no update for a very very very long time. I had not inspiration at all, and there was a lot of writer's block, so I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Just to let you know. This book will be ending soon, not in two chapters though, but soon. I'm sorry. 

BYE!!!