Chapter 1

Akeylees stood with his eyebrows bumped together into a scowl, as he surveyed the streets, waiting for his next victim

Akeylees stood with his eyebrows bumped together into a scowl, as he surveyed the streets, waiting for his next victim. The entire landscape of the city was bathed in the warm glow of the sun. The breathtaking scenery captivated everyone's attention. But, the sight was the complete opposite of his inner feelings. Akeleeyes was worn out with fatigue, his limbs felt as if they were chained to iron shackles, not to mention he could feel his stomach twisting and turning in agony.

His vision was utterly disrupted as it was replaced with a female walking with a lofty proud gait. Her melanin skin was decorated with a pair of curve accentuating jeans, highlighted by a white tank that was tied up to show off her small pudgy stomach. Her hair was styled in large plaits with a bandana folded across her edges that had poofed out due to the humidity.

Akeylees didn't mind the view of his favorite female, aside from his grandmother and mother, but it was dangerous in the streets of New York and he felt she should be in her house where she was safe and couldn't be the victim of any crime.

"So, you can't speak Akeylees?" Ester said with her hand fixated on her matured hip that was very visible through the light-wash baggy jeans. Despite Akeleeyes bad mood, his best friend could always lighten it.

"Why you not in the house, Ester?" The words spewed from Akeylees mouth in his matured voice, that had grown deeper throughout his teenage years.

"Because, Key, if you might know I'm going to a little get together and if you got yo head so far out these streets you could come, too." Ester said, while muffing Akeylees' chiseled face back, causing him to mutter a few curse words and suck his prominent, white teeth that bring out his caramel complexion.

"You gone learn to keep your hands to yourself, b." Akeylees stated, his New York accent spilling through his words. "Na' who you call yourself going for this lil party? Ion want you out here acting trifling like these other females." This comment from Akeylees made Ester angry. Akeylees always felt as if he were Esters big-brother due to the absence of any males in her life. He cut his eyes at her. "And don't you dare get throwed at that party." He said, yanking her tank down so that it wouldn't reveal anymore of her skin

Ester rolled her chocolate eyes at Akeylees who stood before her. "Key, I'm grown! I do what I please out here. You ain't nobody daddy."Ester sassed with her French tip manicured hand placed on her hip. Key scanned his dark eyes over her frame looking at the tank top she had put back up to show cause her flawless petite midriff.

Akeylees jaw clenched as he heard Ester speak to him as if she had lost her mind. Akeylees had always told Ester blending into the rest of the female population in New York was a horrible thing to do. The loud mouths and the frisky clothing gave everyone a bad impression and Akeylees would be damned if he let Ester do the same as them other bitches. Ester was a bright young girl that Akeylees met while he was doing a stick up at a local corner store. As his best friend Oxy was giving explicit instructions on how to get in and out of the store with majority of the register, Akeylees had drifted far away from that and focused on the little girl that sat on her steps doodling in her notebook.