Chapter 8

Chapter eight:

*** WARNING SOME (OR QUITE A BIT OF) SEXUAL CONTENT TOWARDS THE END***

Manu opened the door for me and closed it after I slid into my seat. I breathed in the faint smell of air freshener before he hopped in from his side.

“All ready to go?” he asked me with a smile.

“Yep. Um where are we going? Am I dressed ok for it?” I asked timidly, not sure whether I should run back inside and change my clothes.

“You’re perfect. Don’t worry. And as for your other question… it’s a surprise” he winked and we were off to wherever the hell we were going.

“So… when are you starting your self defense classes? I would’ve thought you’d started when I met you.”

“Oh yeah, I just had a lot going on, but I wanted to start classes with you this week”

“Nice. Well then I better make sure this date goes well, so I get to spend more time with you with our lessons”

We spoke about self defense classes, school and work before I realized we were driving by the beach.

“The beach?” I asked, cocking my head to the side.

“Yeah. But there’s more”

He parked his car and hopped out, I opened my door but he was already there holding a hand out to help me down. Though I was fine with getting in and out of a car by myself, I knew he was really trying to put in extra effort. Either that or he was really well brought up.

He took my hand and I noticed his hand was cool and rough, not like Nate’s ever warm callused hands. It was nice, just different. He smiled when I didn’t pull away and swung our entwined hands gently while making our way to the sand.

I found some nice places to sit and watch the waves but he always shook his head saying ‘just a bit further’.

“You know, if you wanted to chop me up and hide the body, you could’ve done it a little closer to the car. Where are we? We’re so far away” I joked.

“You’ll see. I came across this spot one morning when I went for a jog along the beach and it’s the perfect spot. I don’t think many people know about it.”

I was intrigued so I walked silently beside him. Just before I was about to complain again I saw that we were walking towards the rocky side of a cliff. I squinted my eyes and they weren’t deceiving me, there was a blinking light, too faint for a torch, the light was flickering by the rocks.

“Come on” he urged and I was more than happy that we’d stop walking soon.

We walked to the cliff side and I saw that there was a shallow hidden cave behind a tall rock, but the entrance of it faced halfway between the shore and the ocean. There was a dark blue picnic blanket laid out across the floor with a basket of, what I assume, food with little tea candles lit around the edges of the cave.

“You did all this?” I asked him softly turning to him with wide eyes.

“Well, I’d like to say yes but I actually got my friend to do it while I was driving to your place. He probably just left a few minutes ago.” He replied scrunching his nose a little.

I held a hand to my chest and looked at the romantic setting again. “It’s so beautiful Manu, thank you. This is so thoughtful.”

His face lit up at my words and he helped me over the rocks to sit on the blanket.