all of the awards and thensome.

Kelechi stood in front of the floor length mirror while stylists busied themselves around her.  She had supplied her hidden partner with information about the dirigible.  Just enough to keep him off her back for awhile, and he did seem satisfied enough... For now.

Her hairstylist, Romeo, fluffed her hair with his fingers and a pick, while a woman misted her skin with some sweet smelling gold-flecked body oil.  It made her brown skin glow.

She had narrowed her choice of attire down to two St. Genevieve haute couture gowns. Both with traditional wax print patterns and colors that popped against her dark skin.   The first was playful, with bows, a short hem, and twirl skirt. The other was a form conscious two-piece high-waist mermaid design, with a cleavage-enhancing, heart-shaped bodice.  It really played up her figure.

She chose the second design.

"Good choice,  I would've whooped you good, had you picked the other one." Sola said.

"-You would have tried." Kay replied with smirk.

 "Even still, your old boyfriend won't be able to take his eyes off you."

"-Ex," she corrected, as one of her assistants finished zipping her in.  She smoothed her hands alongside her hips, admired toned abs just peaking out in a sliver of skin above her waistline.  And of course, her cleavage, perfectly propped up by a Chanel bustier.

She knew she'd probably look nothing like the other Hollywood beauties in their Zac Posen and Valentino, but she was Nigerian through and through and proud of it.

None of those fashion houses could match the comfort and vivid color of a traditional Nigerian-style design.

She wore a simple gold anklet band, which was the only jewelry she paired with the gown. 

Classic was the route Max went in, a sharply tailored Halston suit in black ash, minus the tie.   The top button beneath the collar, undone, clean hair and skin with a touch of taming aloe vera on his hair, brows, and lashes.

He finished this off with a personal scent mixed just for him; hints of juniper and pinon with a smooth bright unidentifiable bottom note.

Clean and sharp as a pin, he snapped on his gold cuff-links and ran a hand through his hair once. He popped in a tic-tac and got into his waiting vehicle, a high-end custom hybrid.

The driver steered the car around in the direction of Mina's rented penthouse, in San Francisco. 

She was predictably gorgeous in a gauzy barely-there razorcut ice blue Helmut Lang gown.   Her hair slicked back into a low ponytail.  He could tell that she had forgone underwear for strategic pasties for a proper fit.

She greeted him with air-kisses and he ushered her and her airy gown into the vehicle.  

"Thank you for the invite, Max.  There are a fair few TV stars who I have been dying to meet." she said in her cheery unflappable Brazilian accent. "...Plus, the networking.  My agent says I would be good on TV-."

She continued to chatter on while he feigned polite interest.  His mind was on who would be escorting his business partner to the same event.  

-What was he to her?  -Did she have feelings for him?   

He attempted to focus on the positives.  He would have Maxim's #1 girl, three years running at his side, thoughtfully attired in blue 'to bring out his eyes,' she had said.   

They sat in the long line of cars waiting to dump out the various industry types onto the silver carpet, for that hell of a long press and paparazzi line to the entrance.

All matter of sculpted, spray-tanned, and Botoxed star tacked on smiles and waved to blinding flashes and excited fans.

Finally, his car pulled up and he walked around to Mina's side to escort her out. As she was the one he knew most would come to see, he made sure to showcase her.  Though, he did have some minor celebrity for being a wealthy, attractive bachelor,  Mina's social media savvy and supermodel fame easily eclipsed that.  He didn't mind. In fact he was quite glad, as it allowed him to retreat to the background, while Mina worked the press.

They were halfway through the press-rounds, when he spotted her...

Loose fro blowing in the breeze while she posed with her head held high and her date Shawn Parker close by her side.  ...All luminous brown skin and curves.

She was the only girl there free-flowing her natural hair, (even the white actresses had added extensions for volume and length) and one of very few with skin that richly hued and... as his suddenly dry mouth could attest, flawless.

She stopped his heart.

He was staring and it had become obvious, even to his date.

She pinched his wrist just hard enough to get him to snap out of it, while she continued to answer frivolous press questions.

He blinked and as difficult as it was, looked away, tacking on a 'supportive date' smile for Mina.