ESCAPE ROUTE

◦ ◦ ◦

«girl,
with an accent of blood
who speaks in foreign tongues
whose vowels are the sound of
metal clashing.»

◦ ◦ ◦

BOB MORLEY
BELLAMY BLAKE

VANESSA MORGANNOVA KOM DELPHIKRU

VANESSA MORGAN
NOVA KOM DELPHIKRU

VANESSA MORGANNOVA KOM DELPHIKRU

ALFRED ENOCH
ORION KOM DELPHIKRU

ALFRED ENOCHORION KOM DELPHIKRU

◦ ◦ ◦

«warrior,
with fire in her veins
and armor beneath her skin
who crushes the earth beneath her feet.»

◦ ◦ ◦

NOVA
a star that shines sensationally bright for a moment, before returning to its original state

NOVAa star that shines sensationally bright for a moment, before returning to its original state

◦ ◦ ◦

«immortal,
hair streaked with daggers
and iron filling her lungs
each breath invitingly toxic.»

◦ ◦ ◦

SUMMARY
Fate, it seemed, had cursed yet again another victim. Blinded by her own horror-filled past Nova hopes to find a safe haven, a place to call home on her way towards peace with the demons in her mind. Yet, instead Bellamy Blake takes the form of her very own salvation. Two weeks suffice for her to realize that her path and more importantly her place in the world is not running away or hiding. Her path is to walk among the greatest of the greats, to embrace her fate like an old friend and to part ways with the monsters of yesterday. And in such, Nova is reborn.

◦ ◦ ◦

«princess,
with lips made of glass
and a voice cut from steel
features born from thunder and battle.»

◦ ◦ ◦

EXCERPT

The path towards home was filled with dread. She hadn't expected her mind to be filled with such worry, especially after having chosen the right option to face the cold and harsh reality that awaited her. Yet, every step brought more disturbing memories of that fateful day.
Traitor; the brand she will now permanently carry, much like the burns on her back and the crimson stains on her skin, never to be forgotten-no matter the outcome of her journey home. Her footsteps are light, movements that come naturally in an unfamiliar environment but her mind is loud, preoccupied with finding the right words to say. As Nova attempts to formulate a plan, another pair of footsteps can be heard. Instantly, the grounder draws her sword, gripping the hilt and preparing for the imminent danger. Perhaps they had finally caught up with her after more than a week in hiding and letting them take her would be a merciful act.
Nova turns around slowly, observing her surroundings and carefully listening to the enemy approaching. She stands nearly at the bottom of a small hill, her weapon close and waiting for its sole purpose yet, it never comes. Nova immediately recognizes the broad shoulders, curly hair and dark uniform he adorns.

"What are you doing here Bellamy?" She says accusingly, rolling her eyes when she sees the small grin he wears. Carefully placing her sword in its rightful position between her shoulder blades and subconsciously tucking her hair behind her ears, she stares at his face, waiting for a reply.

"I'm coming with you." He states casually, his own weapon sitting comfortably at his side almost like a fifth limb. Slowly making his way down the slope, Nova greets him with a scoff and turns her head away from him.

"Go home Bellamy, your duty is to your people, I am not your people." She orders, her legs moving away from the tall man and towards her own, much darker and deadlier fate. In her brief moments alongside skykru, she had come to realize their different lives and it had dawned on her how difficult it would be for her join them, like Octavia had so kindly offered. She did not belong with those who once walked amongst the stars. Yet, Bellamy was instantly at her side, keeping up with her pace quite easily.

"Not a chance. Look, you came to me for help and I'm giving it to you." Bellamy insisted, walking alongside of the grounder. He had been slightly reluctant to follow Nova, afraid to leave his people, to leave home and familiarity— but after some convincing by Octavia and assurance by Raven and the others, he had decided that aiding Nova on her path towards redemption was the best choice. It also seemed beneficial on his ongoing quest to find Clarke, wherever she might be hiding.
Nova stops in her tracks when she understands he doesn't intend to turn around and Bellamy mirrors her actions. Her eyes express confusion and a flicker of anger as she faces him.

"Your siste-"

"Insisted."

"Your peopl-"

"Understand." He stares at her, ready for her to admit defeat. A multitude of thoughts run through Nova's mind all at once yet conveying the same idea; how bad of an idea it was. Fast-forwarding your own time of death was not something Nova wished upon anyone, especially someone who had endured suffering like Bellamy. However, after a short pensive moment and a long, almost painful sigh, the grounder finally nodded her head in approval, earning a side-smirk from the man, "Perfect. Lead the way." He declared, walking the same pace as she did just moments ago.

The next couple of minutes are filled with silence, only the crushing of leaves under their boots and the wind howling through the trees could be heard. Nova wondered how easily she had accepted his offer, accompanying her to death's doors as if he himself had a death wish. Or perhaps, like her, he was looking for answers to questions that had yet to be asked. All she knew was how unwise it seemed to harbor feelings for someone with a price on their head.

◦ ◦ ◦

«heroine,
a grin made for war
and eyes flecked with ash
striding, powerful, into the arms of death.»

◦ ◦ ◦