First Friend

Aria's POV

  Loud music blasted in my ears as I rolled around in my bed pretending to play piano. My ears were going to break if I continued to do this every morning but I didn't care.

  My six o'clock alarm interrupted the music and my ears felt as if they were bleeding. I hastily grabbed my phone and pressed the stop button before anymore damage was done to my precious ears.

  I wasn't in the mood to continue listening to music so I took out my headphones and left my soft bed. My eyes were crusted with sleep but I managed to find the clothes I put out last night.

  A long sleeved shirt to cover my  arms and some skinny jeans, a sensible outfit helping me to blend in with the crowd. I tried to style my hair but it was too unruly so I decided to go with a messy bun.

  I left the house after getting all my supplies for school and was nervous for the new day. Every Monday makes me uneasy as I don't know if people will be mean to me or if they had an experience over the weekend like a big party that I missed out on. I've never had a sleepover or even been to a friends house, I'm not good at making close bonds, it's hard being shy.

   It was windy outside not surprisingly as it was October and the sky had a nice blue color, my favorite color. There was no snow yet and I thankfully didn't run into anyone on my way to school.

  I walked through the back entrance of the school and the office buzzed me in. As I walked through the partly crowed hallways I avoided looking at anyone and walked as fast as I could. A teacher said good morning to me and I kept my head down, I felt bad for ignoring them but I didn't have the strength so early in the morning to talk to anyone.

   My locker was really bare and without decoration but I was used to it. I just got my stuff and put my lunch inside. My TA was full and when I walked in people looked at me I felt embarrassed. I awkwardly sat in a random seat. I didn't look up until I heard  someone saying my name. "Hey, anyone in there? Hellloooooooo Aria?"  I was really excited that someone knew my name but I didn't know what to say, so I just took out my phone and loaded snapchat.

I only had 1 friend there and it was my mom. "You should add me." The voice said again and they snatched my phone, Then proceeded to add themselves by snap-code. I saw their snap score it was in the high ten thousands while mine was not even a thousand yet. I finally looked at them and it was a boy with pale skin and his hair was a dark color.

  He looked at me with a large smile. "Hey I'm Takashi." He said, I was so confused to why this person was even talking to me. I'm not pretty and I have no social skills. We started talking throughout the period, but it was more like he was talking to me and I listened but I enjoyed it it was the first time someone new talked to me since I started high school.

As I left the classroom he walked with me, when we parted in the hallway I went to the area for advanced students. "BYE ARIAAAAA." Takashi yelled out into the hallway. Some people looked and laughed at him and he just laughed back. He is totally way out of my league, But I hope that we can be friends.

---------------------------------------------

"Takashi Takashi Takashi." I mumbled to myself, I really wanted to remember  his name. I smiled every time I said his name, but I suppressed it. I feel like a creep It was a really abnormal name for someone in America but I like the way it sounded on my tongue.

  I bet his life is perfect It wasn't even surprising that he knew my name they say it everyday for attendance. Why am I getting so excited, I should just avoid him. Why did I even think that someone like that would want to be my friend.

  "Okay everyone put all of your things under your desk we have a Test today." Said our Math Teacher. I studied but It was late I night, I doubt I absorbed all the material. I'll try my best.

  The teacher handed out laptops that had the test open. I took out two sheets of scrap paper from my desk and I started working on the test: If x times the meaning of life divided by e=mc squared then bob has 2 apples what is x? I didn't understand so I tried to break down the problem part by part.

  The meaning of life is 3 and e=mc squared is 5 then x =15. I finished the whole 100 question test and took a nap until the the end of the period. I woke up to the sound of the bell and the profesor yelling. "We have 2 more days to work on this it's worth 99% of your grade!" I walked through the hallways like a ghost as usual.

----------------------------------------------

  I walked into my band class early as usual. I played piano, People say I'm extremely talented at it and they say it channels my emotions. Music is my outlet, without it I doubt I would even come to school.

  I sat down at my piano and lightly touched each key, the sound made me feel warm and comfortable. I started to play a song just from memory and I didn't notice the other students coming into the class, I could feel a smile creeping up and didn't stop it. My fingers slid across the keys and knew exactly where to go, I started to envision myself dancing on a stage, The audience was entranced by my music. I was beautiful like a bird spreading its wings and flying.

  But reality creeped back on me when I felt a tap on my shoulder and I played a wrong note. I opened my eyes to see the class was there and staring at me, I saw multiple expressions. Annoyance and envy were all I could focus on. I hid behind the piano and the teacher asked everyone to take out their sheet music for a song. What is wrong with me?

----------------------------------------------

Lol anyway I'm pretty proud of this story so far. I think I'll go for 1000 words each part at least? It's really short but it takes forever to write.

Also Aria is African-American and Takashi Is Asian-American I'm going to make the supporting characters as diverse as possible.

FIGHT ON ARIA!

No one is perfect. <---- foreshadowinggggfgfgghdh