Struggle

Aria's POV

I could feel my heart beat quicken against my ribs as someone was yelling at me. I had accidentally shoved them while I was rushing to my locker after school.

  I remembered the panic I felt when my shoulder rammed into their side. I remembered the confused then sinister expression on their face when I shoved   them. Now they have an excuse to make my life miserable.

  I was snapped out of my thoughts by their voice. "Why'd you shove me?!" "I know you can hear me with those big *ss ears of yours." Their friends snickerd and their confidence only grew. I've seen this scene before, She is being peer pressured into harassing me.

  If I was alone with this person I doubt they would have given me another thought. "Hey what're you gonna do you about that Mellisa." One of their friends said when I shoved them.

  I could tell that before they didn't really care but I could tell after that comment it was their chance to impress their friends. "You listening to me?" Said Mellisa.

  I wanted to cower and run away but my legs were stuck in place. I wanted to go home, to lay in my bed and sleep. I wanted to be at peace and alone but I couldn't, I can't escape reality.

  "Shut up Mellisa." I heard another voice say It was deep and made my heart flutter. I recognized it, I turned around and saw Takashi.

  Mellisa obviously had some attraction to him so she tried to justify her actions. "I was just playing with her chill out." And she walked away with her friends. It felt really cliche but I loved it. It was like a book or a movie about a prince saving the princess, except it's more like the prince saving the frog from the princess.

  As I thought that I could feel my face heat up. "Thanks." I said quietly. "No problem, Hey what class do you have next." He said "Physical Education..." I mumbled "Me too, let's walk together." He said and put his hands in his pockets awkwardly.

  While I walked with him I could notice his popularity, people were whispering and pointing at me and I wanted to crawl under a rock. Halfway there someone of his friends started talking to him and I think he forgot about me. So I stayed back and took another route. I bet he didn't even notice I was gone.

----------------------------------------------

Inside of P.E. I changed into my uniform and stayed in the back of the gym while people did warm ups. When we split into sections, I watched Takashi meet up with some more friends and play Volleyball.

  He was really good at it, I never really cared much about sports but Takashi seemed to be having lots of fun. He was really strong every time he spiked the ball. I didn't know much about Volleyball but I could tell he was the Ace.

I stopped staring for a minute and decided to sit in the changing room until P.E. was over. I took out my phone and looked at his name on my Snapchat contacts. "Volley.Star"

  I looked at his recent posts and looks like he was hanging out with his friends yesterday and he played at a Volleyball game. I looked at my story where all I posted was a picture of some fries.

I could see why people were attracted to him. He was friendly, popular, he was also really good looking and athletic. Girls started to enter the changing room and I hid my phone.

  I went straight to my locker and got my lunch, It was a vegetable stir fry. My mom is a vegan health freak and I don't like standing in the lunch line surrounded by people so it was a win win for me to bring my lunch.

  I came into the cafeteria early and heated up my lunch. Then I sat by myself and ate while reading a book in my usual spot.

  I head a thump next to me and I lifted my head from my book. "Phew I'm away from those fake ho*s." She said.

   She looked mentally exhausted and she was sitting down with her head resting on the table. "Hi." I said and she looked up at me.

  "Who are you?" She said I wanted to make a new friend so I mustered up all the courage I could and took a deep breath. "A-Aria." "Hey A-Aria, I'm R-Raina." She said.

  She took out her lunch box that had Pasta and Tortilla Chips. She noticed me looking at it and said "Yeah I know it clashes but I like the salty flavor of the chips with the savory pasta, I just couldn't choose you know?!"

  We started talking about flavors and food and I added her on Snapchat. Before I knew It lunch was over and I made a new friend. "Bye Aria I'll sit with you next lunch again okay?" She said and I waved goodbye.

----------------------------------------------

The last bell of the day rang and It was time to go home.  I packed up my stuff, put in my earphones and started walking.

  I don't have any clubs and I usually don't go anywhere after school besides the band room, so I just walk straight home.

  As I left the building I saw Raina walking by herself. I wanted to go meet up with her but I just couldn't, I was really nervous and hoped that she would walk up to me. 

  We walked the same route home, when I reached my house I noticed she lived around 7 blocks away. I don't think I ever noticed her because I leave home so early.

  I unlocked and opened the door to my house, I was greeted by the smell of popcorn. My mom and dad both worked from home today and were sitting on the couch eating popcorn while watching a movie.

  When I opened the door my mom and had dad turned around and asked me how my day was so I sat down with them and only told them about the good parts, as usual.

  But for the first time I told them I made a friend. "Oh wow that's amazing." My mom said and she gave me a hug. My dad's smile was so wide and he couldn't think of anything to say.

    I went up to my room and listened to music. For the first time I got a bling from a notification that wasn't from my mom or dad. Takashi.

Volley.Star: Hey 😀
Piano_Puzzle: Hi
Volley.Star: Mellisa is really crazy right? 😜
Piano_Puzzle: Yeah
Volley.Star: She shouldn't mess with you again anymore 💪🏻 or she will have to answer to me!
Piano_Puzzle: Thanks
Volley.Star: So what are you doing right now?
Piano_Puzzle: Listening to music
Volley.Star: Cool

Aghhhhhh that conversation was horrible! I don't know what to say! I wish I wasn't so awkward. What should I say next, or should I just leave the conversation. What if he never talks to me again after this?

----------------------------------------------

Later at night I heard another notification.

Volley.Star: Do you play the piano?
Piano_Puzzle: Yes, why'd you ask?
Volley.Star: because your username  has piano in it, like mine has Volleyball in it, That's awesome.
Piano_Puzzle: I don't know you played Volleyball.

Even though I did know I didn't want him to know that I was watching him during P.E.

Volley.Star: Well if you ever have piano competitions can you invite me?
Piano_Puzzle: I don't like to stand in front of people.
Volley.Star: can I come to the band room after school to hear you play?
Piano_Puzzle: No

No no no definitely not. I shook my head, that's a horrible idea.

Volley.Star: okay
----------------------------------------------
  These usernames are so bad

Volley.Star
He plays volleyball and is a star at school
Piano_Puzzle
Likes to play piano and is smart
Moody-Foodie
Wonder who this is?