Fun

Thank you for nearly 200 reads. This will hopefully be a bit longer. :)

- Chapter Nine

"No, Brandon! Please don't do this!" Anglia yelled at the screen, her eyes wide. A moment after, her computer screen turned red with 'You Died' in big letters.

She sighed loudly, but smiled nonetheless. With a loud yell of 'Congratulations' she did the outro and stopped recording. I stared at Brandon's face on the computer as he cheered. Anglia playfully told him off, laughing right after.

They started to talk about video games, Youtube, and anything related to those topics. Feeling a bit left out, I slowly backed out of the room and into the hallway. A relieved sigh escaped my mouth.

But here I was, feeling lonely and bored. Before, I would always hang out with Anglia, but now that I know about Brandon...I didn't want to take time away from her moments with him. It would be rude.

Looking at my pocket, I wondered if I should call Jerome and invite him to my house. I shook my head no. Maybe we could go outside and just do things. Since Anglia is busy with Brandon, it would be a good idea to find something that I like to do and Jerome could help me.

With a small smile, I took out my phone and dialed his number. It rang a few times before he finally picked up. He seemed to fumble with the phone from the sounds of movement.

"Hey, Maya! What's up?" He said in a happy tone, making perk up a little almost instantly.

"I was wondering if you would like to accompany me around town, just doing fun things. You don't have to accept. I would ask the others, but Anglia and Brandon are busy while I don't know your other friends as well..."

"Of course I would! Give me your address, I'll drive to your place."

With a cheerful, silly grin, I told him my address. What made me smile even bigger was that that was the first time I've truly smiled in ages.

**

I smiled widely as soon as the doorbell rang. My red, fiery hair bounced up and down in a ponytail as I jumped around in happiness. Calming down a little, I opened the front door to be met with a casually dressed Jerome.

He led me outside to his car and we got in, ready to go do things.

"So, what are we doing first?" He asked, looking at me through the rear view mirror.

Thinking for a moment, I said, "Let's go to the Arts of Science Museum. I heard they have a new exhibit on astronomy."

Jerome nodded and we were soon there.

The two of us mainly just walked around, looking around at the different exhibits. In a few of them, there were little activites to work on that related to the exhibit. One of them was focused on the Sun and in there, we made beaded braclets that changed colors under the sun.

Another activity was at the Water Zone. We just played around with gravity and water. After a tiny war between the two of us, Jerome left the place soaked.

The next place we went to was the little bakery around the block. The place also offered lessons in basic baking and we agreed to take it. Instead of being boring and failing horrible, it was fun and Jerome and I ended up eating cupcakes we made ourselves.

We still ordered a batch of cookies from them, though. Their pastries were amazing compared to ours. The two of us indulged ourselves more in chocolate and sugar.

Before going home, Jerom suggested that we go to the pottery shop near the bakery. Oddly that day, I was feeling artistic. We reached the little pottery shop with smiles on our faces.

Jerome tried to make a blocky vase, representing the game Minecraft. I tried to make a complex shape, but just ended up being zig zag lines, but I still went along with it.

The people told us that it would dry and that we should come back in a few days. We paid them and returned to the car.

"That was fun, wasn't it, Maya?" Jerome grinned, making me nod my head with a soft smile of my own.

"We should hang out again." I suggested, hoping that he would agree.

"Definitely." He laughed.

"Great." I smiled.