Stronger

I wake up to my alarm playing music, starting off my day right as Stronger by Kelly Clarkson softly played. As I stretch and open my eyes I see the sun shining in my room and the curtains softly flow from the warm breeze blowing through my open balcony doors. Wow do I seem like such a cliche right now! I softly laughed to myself and hook my phone up to the speaker and turn on my morning playlist. Time to get the rest of the family up! I go into my twin sister Elena's room and find her sitting on the bench of her window already writing in her journal. It isn't shocking considering she always writes in the little green diary our mom gave her when she was little but since the crash she hasn't really been much of a morning person and I have to drag her out of bed. She was most likely writing about mom and dad, all four of us were in an accident at the end of the previous school year, but she took it much worse than I did. Nobody knows how we survived but I was grateful we lived even though it pained me that our parents didn't make it. I left her to her thoughts and went to wake up Jeremy before I got in my shower. I knock as warning and walk into his room jumping onto his bed.

"Jer-bear! Wake up!" I fake yelled.

"Scar get off me! I don't wanna go to school..." he said groggily coming out of his deep sleep ,"can't I just stay home? It's not like the first day back is actually important."

I gasped in fake horror. "How can someone of my own flesh and blood not LOVE school?" I sarcastically exclaimed.

"Maybe you and Elena are adopted then." He joked.

Me and Jeremy laughed before I shoved him and said ,"Go get ready and I'll make sure to have a cup of coffee ready for you in 20 minutes."

He agreed and went to his bathroom that he shared with Elena. Me and her never shared a bathroom because we had separate rooms when we were born and so when Jeremy was born they placed him in the Jack an Jill one. When we got to the age it was a concern I refused to move rooms because I had a balcony in mine, so mom and dad just let us be and I'm happy to say 10 years later and I have my own bathroom and balcony. I quickly showered, afterwards putting on the outfit me, Caroline, and Bon picked out last week from our annual pre-school shopping trip. Our styles haven't changed that much over the years but lately my closet has had a huge range. From skirts to leather pants (that look great with my Harley) and from T-shirts to cable knit sweaters to plunging v-lines (I reserve for amazing parties). Today's outfit I absolutely love: a wine red halter and a black skater skirt with a gorgeous leather jacket. I paired it with my favorite black booties that the perfect heel height and it made my legs look even hotter. Then I did my make-up expertly as always, dried my hair then curled it. When I looked at the mirror I knew I'd be the best looking at Mystic High with my best friends tied at second. I glanced at the clock and ran down to the kitchen seeing Jenna run around checking if we needed anything so I started pouring three cups of coffee for me, Elena, and Jer. Elena was at the counter and I gave her a big smile with her coffee as I greeted her and my aunt Jenna. Then I realized something, "Aunt Jenna! You're supposed to be meeting with your thesis adviser any minute for your presentation! Go or you'll be late! I already got our lunch money taken care of, and supplies, and transport. Now go!" I quickly said knowing how stressed she was about us.

"Honestly Red sometimes you're more of our legal guardian. What would I do without you?" Jenna sighed exasperated ,using my nickname since my actual name was Scarlet like the color, and started heading towards the door while taking her hair out of its bun.

"Be late for your meeting! Now please hurry but drive safe! Love you!" I yelled right before she closed the door.

As Jeremy walked in the door i saw how tired he was and just handed him his coffee knowing he needed caffeine before i checked on him. Me and Jeremy had a better relationship than he and Elena. They both loved each other but sometimes Elena was too attached and Jeremy was too detached, they couldn't talk with one another. Before I could stop her she touched Jer's arm and asked, "You ok?"

Jeremy gave her a disbelieving look and said, "Don't start." as he walked away after giving me a hug goodbye. Me and Elena were riding with Bonnie but Jeremy told me he wanted to walk to school last night when I made sure he had a way to school.

We heard Bon honk outside to let us know she was here, we grinned at each other and grabbed our bags walking to the door and getting in her car. Off to Mystic Falls High we go, yet this year seems different like it really will be mystic almost like it's gonna be... magical.