11

Sierra had the worst migraine of life. Everything ached, her mouth felt like someone had stuffed it with cotton wool and the nausea was reeking havoc in her stomach. She felt rather disoriented so she sought comfort by resting a hand on her stomach where she found the once solid mass that was her baby gone instead it was replaced by wires running along her body and bandages running around her stomach.
A whimper of distress escaped her and tears began to well up in her eyes.

"Milan is fine Sierra" Gerard spoke
His voice was soft and held a tenderness she hadn't heard in a while.
"Milan? He's here?"  She felt relieved that her son had pulled through.
"Yes , he's doing fine" Gerard said

Not knowing what to say next Sierra remained silent.
"You should've told me you and your mother were having problems!" The harsh accusation in his tone felt like a blade to her heart causing her to flinch.
She remembered the doctors telling her they needed to take her baby out. The fear had overcome her so quickly she had begged Leona to call Gerard. The strong, safe and caring Gerard and she knew she'd feel better knowing he was near.
But the look he gave her now , he hated her, he didn't care. As always she'd been on her own.
"Why would I tell you anything?" She challenged eyebrows raised " I'm sure you're unhappy I made it through alive , now you can't have Milan all to yourself" she regretted it the moment she'd said it but it was too late.

"You haven't made it yet!" He said jumping from his chair walking towards her in slow predatory steps "Don't ever accuse me of something so hateful again! I prayed for you damn it!" He closed the space between them and covered his mouth with his own. His moist tongue licked along her dry lips before deepening the kiss , it had been so long since she'd been kissed like that and it felt like coming home. Gerard pulled away slowly "I'll let the doctor know you're awake" he walked out leaving her speechless and feeling tingly in her lips.

********************************

Sierra was relieved to know she'd only missed three days of her sons life. She'd also learned from Leona that Gerard had left for training but would be back later.
Sierra hadn't believed in love at first sight until she looked at her premature son. She had been surprised to learn that Gerard had spent a great deal of time tending to Milan and checking on her. Due to the operation that had left her so weak Sierra was unable to do much except hold her son for a few minutes before being ordered back to bed. She felt utterly useless as a woman and most of all as a mother because she couldn't tend to her son or his needs.

The nurse had just finished giving Sierra her afternoon medication when Gerard walked in. The nurse quickly excused herself and hurried out.
Even with the bags under his eyes Gerard looked fantastic in his training kit, his hair was still damp and she could smell his cologne in the air. He was the picture of everything she wanted in a man however he was everything she couldn't have.

"What are you doing here?" She asked attempting to sit up on the bed , Gerard saw her struggling so he set down his bag and helped her.

"Leona said she would have the results of the DNA test, not that I need them."
"And why is that?" She squeeked
"Because you gave him my name Sierra , so let's stop playing games" he smirked
Sierra sighed realising the jig was up , she nodded her head solemnly.
"Not to sound ungrateful but why did you give him my name only and not yours?"

"Well as you know my father died when I was young and when my mother remarried , her husband adopted me hence the Collins last name" when Gerard continued to eye her so she carried on.

"I never had a good relationship with my stepfather so I didn't want to give my son that name" she looked down at her fingers.
"Then give him your father's last name" Gerard stated
"Really? You'd be okay with that?" Sierra asked cautiously
"Of course , it is who he is."

Milan Piquè Mebarak
That sounded very good to her , she smiled knowing her father would be very happy.

**************************
Boom! Another update, I'm on a role. 😊😊😊😊
Keep the votes and comments coming!