24

Epilogue: The beginning of forever

Sierra took a deep breath as she smoothed down her dress. The last year had been a crazy rollercoaster ride but it had all lead to this moment. She smiled as she recalled how they got here.
She had come downstairs to find the house quiet which was unusual, she was dressed in her robe with her hair still a tangled mess. She found him in the kitchen with his back to her.
"Gerard?" She prompted
He turned slowly " I wasn't trying to ignore you, amore I'm just nervous as hell. I_ well, what I want to say is..."  he took a step back. To her shock, he took out something from his pocket and got down on one knee. Holding out a ring between his finger and thumb, he calmly asked "Will you marry me?"

 Holding out a ring between his finger and thumb, he calmly asked "Will you marry me?"

The sunlight bounced off the diamond casting little rainbow sparkles. The moment was imprinted in her heart forever. She had nodded her head fiercely as tears trickled down her cheeks. She took a deep breath as she stepped out into the hallway to meet Gerard's father who was going to give her away. They made their way down the aisle, when she saw her son in his little tux in the arms of Leo Messi she almost tripped. Her eyes landed on Adriana who was her maid of honor.The two had become very close over the last year. In the front row she saw her brother sitting next to Montserrat and her mother. Gerard had been able to help rebuild her relationship with her mother over the last year which made her happy. Then finally her eyes landed on Gerard, she inhaled sharply as she took in how handsome he was, his eyes shone with adoration as she walked towards him.
They moved by their vows, feeling the sincerity deep in her heart as they exchanged those moving words, she knew he loved her. Really loved her.
They had a lifetime ahead of them and she couldn't wait.

He lifted her veil and she kept her gaze on him, wanting him to see all the love she felt in her eyes. They sealed their promises to each other with a passionate kiss while their family and friends clapped and cheered behind them.
They both looked forward to their future that would be filled with love, care and hopefully more babies.  The beginning of forever.

The end! (Finally)
*******************************
A big thank you to everyone who read this book, commented and voted! I appreciate you all soo much! A special shout out to Jayme112234 & madridisimo for being so awesome. Let me know how you felt about this story. Comment and vote💞