Chapter 7~It seems like Jerome's POVs are longer~

Jerome's POV

I put my feet in the lake and Mitch walked over to me. "Seriously, biggums, what happened?" I stared at him, his big brown eyes looking so handsome and just being with him right now makes me happy.

"You were just talking in your sleep." I shyly said, swinging my feet back and forth. I shook my head full of fur, thinking that he doesn't like me the way I like him. I might even love him. But that is impossible. Human kind and Bacca kind have never been in harmony. But Mitch and I can change that! If he likes me like that.

"O-Oh." He started to blush and he scratched the back of his neck as he stepped next to me. "Well, can I tell you something, Jerome?" I nodded my head, getting excited. "I... I...I li-" Mitch got cut off by the sound of a voice coming over the dome.

"Hello tributes! There are only 6 of you left! And our rule still stands; Only one winner. We are going to be spicing some things up. Goodbye, and may the odds be ever in your favor." I saw Mitch sit down on a miniature rock, running his hands threw his Canadian brown hair.

"They are going to nuke us, Jerome." He quietly said. I walked over to him, kicking my right leg to get most of the water off my fur.

"What?" I looked up, seeing no TNT in sight.

"They said they are going to spice some things up. Whenever they say that, TNT falls from the sky." He sighed, looking at the ground.

"They may not target us," I told him, sitting next to him. "Anyways, what were you going to tell me?"

"I don't think it's going to change anything." He took his sword and started to draw in the sand.

"Come on, biggums, tell me!" I poked him in the side, making him laugh.

"F-Fine. I-I really..." He took a deep breath and said what be felt. "I like you Jerome."

Mitch's POV

Jerome's face was emotionless. "I'm sorry if I messed anything up. I will just go and-"

"I like you, too, Mitch." He smiled. I put my lips on his. His lips are soft yet furry, and when we separated, my worst fear happened.

TNT fell from the sky.

I hopped up, only to fall down because of my ankle. Jerome hoisted me up, running to the nearest area with no TNT. "Thanks." I said, smiling.