» galvanize

┈ *:・⁀➴ ┈

[ CHAPTER FOUR ]
galvanize: part one.

[ CHAPTER FOUR ]galvanize: part one

Levi woke up on Monday morning, tired. She felt the bed move from beside her; Levi looked over and saw Malia sleeping cozily, covers wrapped around her like a burrito. Both girls didn't get much sleep last night.

The sisters laid in the not-so-big bed, looking up at the ceiling. "What was is like?" Levi asked, holding on to the covers. This was the first time Levi had brought it up since Malia had returned to her on Thursday. "Different." She replied, her eyes focusing on the small things around her sister's room. "Was it weird coming back?" Levi proceeded onto asking many questions to Malia, curious as to what is was like being a werecoyote.

Malia usually answered in one or a few words, she was still getting used to having actual conversation, usually she just growled. Levi noticed her words weren't as developed either, she knew that it was like that because her sister hadn't been to school or anything.

"I know I've said this a lot but I missed you," the younger Tate turned onto her side, facing her sister. "I would cry a lot, I missed school a lot because I was so determined to find you. Dad would take me out to the woods, only sometimes though. I mostly went by myself when I was eight because he was too tired to go with me after that. But I know he didn't want to go because he knew that you were probably gone."

Silence caved in on the girls. Malia sighed, giving in and turning on her side to see her little sister staring at her. "I would watch you sometimes. While you were looking, I made sure to keep quiet so you couldn't see me, it sounds weird, I know. But I had to look after you somehow."

A bright smile laid upon Levi's face, "I thought I would never see you again, and here you are." Malia smiled gently as her sister moved closer and snuggled into her chest. Everything finally fell in place for the Tate family.

Levi couldn't complain about Malia though, her sister hadn't slept in a real bed in eight years — Malia was tossing and turning most of the night trying to get comfortable; For her, it was unusual to be in a bed.

It was 10:54 am by the time she fully woke up. Levi was supposed to be missing school to see her sister. She checked her phone, seeing she had texts from friends and people from classes talking to her about Malia.

(Over the weekend, reporters came by to interview Malia, The Missing Tate Who Came Back.)

Lips curving into a smile, she quietly pushed herself out of the bed – careful not to wake Malia. Levi quickly grabbed her outfit that laid on her desk chair and changed into it. Before tiptoeing into the kitchen to pop two waffles into the toaster.

While her frozen treats warmed up, her eyes glanced glanced over at her backpack that laid next to where they placed their shoes, next to the entrance door. She hadn't been in school for what felt like years -- in reality it only being four days.