Chapter 6

Maya's POV

I walked into Chubbies and instantly fell at home, it was definitely the place Lucas had been talking about, everyone was so social, you didn't need to bring anyone along with you, it was the type of place you could go alone but come back with lots of friends. There were large tables where anyone could sit all facing a big stage for the evening performances.

I sat down at the big table in front of the stage and decided to start a conversation with whoever was sat next to me, I hadn't talked to people for so long and I was getting pretty lonely. There was a girl who was about my age who looked vaguely familial, I swear everyone and everything looked as if I'd known it all my life.

M- "hey I'm Maya"

V- "I'm Vanessa, are you a city girl?"

M- "yeah I've just come from NYC"

V- "I noticed you had a different accent. I've always wanted to go there, one of my friends moved there earlier this year"

M- "which part did he move to?"

I was curious to who she knew, could she know one of my old friends. I knew Texas was a very big state so it wasn't very likely that she happened to know the same people I did, but it would keep the conversation going.

V- "I don't really know, he want to follow his best friend who he missed"

M- "did you know the best friend?"

V- "you're full of questions aren't you? Yeah, Lucas Friar, and my friend was Isiah Babineux"

I had been right, I did know her, well I knew of her. Of course, how could I have not remembered all the stories Zay told us about his big crush on her and about him trying to ask her out and how he was always rejected.

M- "Lucas? Zay? They've told me about you"

V- "you know them?"

M- "well Lucas is one of the reasons I'm here"