honesty / fluff

(based off a k project doujin i read once)

A sob escaped Dazai's lips as he stood before the short mafia excecutive. He shook his head and wiped away his tears. He wasn't sure what caused it, but whenever he was near Chuuya he'd shed tears.

"Did I say something that hurtful?" Chuuya asked. Dazai blinked a few times before he remembered a conversation he'd had a few days prior.

"You seem to not be yourself lately." Mori said as he spoke to Dazai. The older mafia leader knew the brunette well enough to be sure of when something was wrong. Dazai simply shook his head and looked away from Mori.

"I believe it has to do with your old partner, Chuuya." he stated as the silence began to drag on. Dazai's eyes widened and he chuckled to himself, he wasn't even sure why.

"What would Chuuya have to do with this?"

"Oh, many many ways." Mori responded as he spun in his leather chair. He pressed a pen to his lip and smiled against it before beginning to speak. "You have honesty disease."

"And what may that be?"

"Tears shall be shed at dishonesty." Mori stated, earning a confused look from the younger male behind him. "The only cure is for you to be honest with whoever you want to be the most honest to."

Chuuya shook Dazai's shoulders and brought him back into reality. He was confused on why the tall man before him was in tears and couldnt stop. He wasn't the best when it comes to comforting other ; he resorted to mearly standing there while patting his back.

Dazai couldn't shake off the talk he'd had with Mori. He was sure he wanted to be honest with someone, he just wasn't sure who. It then hit him, he wanted to be honest to Chuuya. That's why he'd shed tears whenever he was around the short wine enthusiast.

"Chuuya." Dazai began. Chuuya nodded his head and looked around awkwardly.

"Do you hate me?" Chuuya suddenly asked before Dazai could continue. He didn't know what got into him. A small part of him hoped that Dazai didn't actually hate him, for his heart broke at the thought of such a thing.

"I hate you!" Dazai screamed, causing more tears to spill. He knew he was lying, yet he couldn't bring himself to say the truth. "I can't stand you..."

Chuuya's eyes widened. Something told him what Dazai was saying wasn't true. Even so, it still pained him to hear his words. "I know you're lying." Chuuya said.

"I...I love you." Dazai blurted out and the tears immediately dried. A large blush spread across his face and his ears. Chuuya's face turned the color of his hair and he decided to quickly hide it behind his hat.

Dazai hesitantly took a step closer to Chuuya and pulled the hat away. The redhead shyly looked to the floor and muttered words that Dazai couldn't make out.

"What'd you say?"

"I said I love you too."

A silence rang through the room they were in. Dazai gasped and pulled Chuuya into a tight embrace. Chuuya couldn't help but chuckle and wrap his arms around Dazai. They stood there together for a while before pulling away.

His honesty had been cured.