You Took Me By Surprise

After getting a part-time job at the Japanese candy shop, Homura, I've been hanging out with the Kousaka sisters a lot. I would find myself sometimes tutoring Yukiho, or talk about idol with her, especially about µ's, or just hanging out and chatting. With Honoka, it's either going on an adventure with her, have a friendly chat with her, or help her with homework, most of the time. Each day is always different and entertaining.

Sometimes Honoka would fight over my attention, and Yukiho would try to reason with her older sister. I don't know why Honoka would want me so much. I don't express myself much and I'm usually by myself, especially at school.

At school, Honoka would find the opportunity to hang out with me, or try to get me make an expression besides a nonchalant look. But I show no reaction to all her tricks. Just a calm respond to which she respond back with a pout. She sometimes makes time for me too. I wish she would stop being silly and try to get a reaction from me, but when Honoka set her mind on something, there's no stopping her.

Today, a mother came in with her son. Her son is a shy little boy so he's hiding behind his mother. I greet the mother and son with smile. The mother tries to introduce her son to me, but the son was too shy.

"Satoshi..." the mother said with a sigh.

"Here you go, Sato-kun." I give the little boy, Satoshi who I nickname "Sato-kun", a sample of Japanese biscuit.

Sato-kun took a bite of the Japanese biscuit and got hook up with it.

"This is delicious! Thank you, lady." Sato-kun begins talk to me like his shyness was gone.

The mother bought a box of Japanese biscuit and thanks me for helping Sato-kun with his shyness.

"You're welcome."

After my shift ended, Honoka appear before me and wants to play.

Umi Sonoda, one of Honoka's childhood friends and fellow member of µ's, once told me that if Honoka wants to play, I should ask her about homework first since the latter has the tendency to slack off. "Did you finish your homework?" I asked.

"Ah..." Honoka rub the back of her head with nervous laugh.

Then Yukiho appear too. "[F/n]-chan, are you done for today?"

"Yeah."

"Oh good. I hope it doesn't trouble you, but I really need help with homework."

I open my mouth and was about to say something until Honoka butt in.

"No fair! I was first!" Honoka whine like a child.

And Yukiho try to be reasonable, "How is it not fair? You spend plenty of time with [F/n]-chan at school."

And the sisters begin to argue over who get to spend time with me, well, mostly Honoka. It's entertaining, and at the same time, troublesome.

In the end, I manage to make them make up then I decide to help them with homework to the best of my ability.

The next day, Sunday, Honoka call me over to her place to study. We were the only one home.

During the middle of studying, Honoka's stomachs start to growl.

"[F/n]-chan, I'm hungry." Honoka gasp as if she has thought up of an idea. "I know! Can you make us a cake? Wait! Can I help too?"

"Sure."

With Honoka's help, we end up making a mess in the kitchen. Ingredients all over the place, and on us.