Chapter two

Chapter 2:
Will's POV:

My new body felt... raw. Everything I could experience before was now ultra sensitive. Not knowing if I was enjoying this new function particularly, a sickening sensation of nausea drifted over me.

 This uncomforting impact triggered my form to unconsciously gag, only to be left gasping for air strictly after that repulsive act. Luckily nothing came up, and I soon concluded, without any doubt in mind, that I was hungry. It was maddening. 

To my shock, I could easily label this as a familiarity. Probably due to the fact I've done this once before. Yawning, I examined my settings. Everything was so bright and colorful, even the smallest portion of detail left me spellbound. I stood up from the mixture of minerals below, the soothing sound of soil crunching below while I walked off, ringing in my ears. 

My legs felt frail and incredibly sore. The moment I completely shifted my entire weight over them, they felt like the warm crimson liquid circulating beneath my vulnerable skin. Like scarlet melted jelly with no foundation. 

I've always loathed feeling weak, but their was no helping this. I was a refugee of my own world, and now this alien terrain had highlighted my worst insecurity. Instincts mercilessly commanded me to return home, but I knew Bill would be disgusted if I did. 

I've always figured I had a right to listen to my instincts, but maybe that was only because every other living creature did. Maybe that was their flaw, acting upon emotions. I know I wouldn't be able to abandon all rationality, but the same goes for my own emotions as well. My only choice was to stay here, in this unknown dimension, and the thought of that was terrifying. 

The human body was revolting, really. The accelerating pump of my heart under circular bones; my rib cage. My mouth, doused in moisture and saliva. The expansion and rough diminish of my lungs as I steadily exhale. Getting used to everything my new body was capable of doing was sure to be an adjustment.

 I turn around, feeling as if something small was burning just above my stomach. That's when I hear something frightening. A low growl. I tremble out of fear and shock. Shaking happens to be something I do regularly. I wouldn't call it a stress reliever, I'd say it was just an automatic reaction. If I were brave I'd dare insist it was something I do voluntarily. 

The same noise interrupted my pathetic thoughts, and I find the low rumble was just a cry of starvation from my stomach. The fact that I'm so hungry could be the reason why I can't stand properly. The loss of energy would only be reasonable. 

I have to focus two times harder prior than I usually would just to stand straight. Surrendering to the pain occupying my thigh and down, I gasp and accidentally trip. My concept of balance is shameful. Bill would agree, right? This is why he hates me. I mean, he'd never said anything about personally hating me, but I guarantee he does. 

Tears gather around the corners of my eyes, and I beg myself not to cry. I don't. Everything's easier when nobody's watching. I don't want anybody to know how awfully weak, pitiful, and sad I am. I'd rather die than have somebody look at me the way I do. 

Yawning, I succumb to what I figure is sleep. I haven't slept in... well I don't really have a complete understanding of how time works. I'm not going to pretend I do. Whenever Bill brings Time Baby up into a discussion I usually approach with bland features, avoiding the topic altogether. 

Running my hand throughout my hair, I'm surprised to find it's so soft. Hitting something cold and smooth, I grab the hat and stare at it. My vision nearly blurs as I shake my head and squeeze the small hat against my chest, a barely audible whimper breaching my lips.

 Water droplets fall from the heavens and thunder booms. My senses grow duller from what I might know as my body's full potential, but I don't have a clue what is anymore. I tighten my grasp upon the hat, hoping it might protect me somehow. Warm tears broke free of my alert eyes, which were studying every little detail engraved deep in the scenery. Pine trees surrounded me, and notwithstanding the occasional bush here and there, I wouldn't refuse the comical idea of the plants taking over miles of land at a time. More tears fell, agitating my now barely pink eyes.

 More thunder explodes into the distance until it draws closer. Then, excruciatingly loud thunder strikes close to where I sit. Seconds later I notice the blinding light. It's white like a L.E.D. flashlight. I can't look away, but it's only in sight for less than even half of a second. It was beautiful, yet horrid, but before I could yelp in fear, a tree falls over my left leg. I tried to dodge the intrusion of splintered wood from forcing itself on top me, but the intense pain still came.

 It took me bliss moments of terror before I could muster the energy to yell. Scream, more likely. Again, I noticed the uneasy, thundering beat of my heart. I couldn't hear myself though. Honestly, I'm not sure if I did make any noise at all...

Fortunately, it appeared that somebody did sense my distress. A young male with a pretty dark blue vest, bright orange shirt, and flustered appearance came into view. I was so relieved, that is, until I saw one of the three journals Bill warned me about, and all I could really make out was that he had been holding it under his arm. It had the a two carved into a abnormal gold handprint. I jumped back ready for the worst to prevail. This brunette was named Dipper Pines, I was sure of it! What was he going to do to me?!  Bill said they were the worst! Who could Bill be so angry over? Only a monster could inflict those feelings onto Bill.