Epilogue

In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you.

Three Years Later

Omer

The night was beautiful, more beautiful than it had been in many weeks with the full moon blessing the inhabitants of the earth with its view, the light breeze soothing. The night was ascending but the movements inside the house said otherwise. With the spectral view of lights coupled with noises from all around, the house sizzled energy.

The wind whirled around the man who was standing in the porch, a black shalwar qameez adding enigma to his handsome face. Ordering directions here and there, he seemed well occupied with the preparations of the lawn, his black eyes attentive.

"Set the flowers on the right side of the stage and..." Omer's voice was surrounded with plenty more, loud noises coming from all around the house.

"Bhai! Bhai!" Saad's loud voice halted Omer's arm that was extended in the air and pointing something to one of the workers.

Omer turned around to face Saad who was emerging from the main door, a frown decorating his voice. Swiftly, he made his way towards his elder brother and with each passing step, the lines on his forehead stood out.

From him, Omer's gaze went to his daughter, Mashal, who was crying loudly in the circle of Saad's arms. As soon as the girl's eyes landed on her father, her cry ceased, now being replaced by an innocent pout. Not a second later, she extended her small arms towards her father, hurrying to get out of her uncle's hold.

"Here, take her!" Saad extended Mashal towards Omer and he smiled wholeheartedly before he collected his daughter from Saad's hold.

"Why is my baby crying?" Omer asked smilingly as he bent forward and kissed his daughter on the cheek.

"Your baby just woke up and she has been crying for her father ever since." Saad informed him annoyingly and Omer's heart swelled as he wiped Mashal's face and kissed her again.

"Where is Fariya?" Omer asked as he patted his daughter's head gently.

"She is with Urwa and Maida." Saad informed and Omer nodded his head before turning his attention towards his daughter.

"Baba, Mathal was looking fol you evelywhele." Mashal rubbed her sleepy eyes as she addressed her father in her childish tone and Omer pulled on a serious expressions, his still still twinkling though. (Baba, Mashal was looking for you everywhere.)

"Baba was outside working, sweetheart." Omer replied as he saw his daughter looking at him with upset shadowing her eyes.

Mashal was a copy of Omer, except her eyes which bore resemblance to her mother's hazel ones. People always said she was Omer's younger version and nothing ever used to make him more happy than this remark.

"What wolk, Baba? And who all theje people?" Mashal roamed her eyes over the people working to set lawn up and brought them back to her father, her hazel eyes still red and sleepy. (What work, Baba? And who are these people?)

"These are workers, sweetheart. They have come to prepare the lawn." Omer told his daughter while looking at her small, angelic face.

"But whele will Mathal play then?" A new concern arose in Mashal's heart and she asked her father in panic. (But where will Mashal play then?)

"Ahh, she really is your daughter." Saad, who was observing the father-daughter's conversation, remarked laughingly and Omer only blessed him with a glare before turning his attention back to his daughter.