Bonus

Chase whatever it is that fills your heart with music and make sure it is a beat you can dance to.

- Matt Baker

Monday - 2:13pm

The summer cloud hung heavily over his head as the lone companions of wind swayed the black hair gently, the afternoon heat making sweat slide down the brows of the man who had a frown decorating his forehead, courtesy to the sun, while making his way towards the entrance door. Pushing the door open with his side, Saad Lashari entered the house, his steps unhurried as he scrolled through the phone loosely held in the captivity of his hand.

The house hissed silence and the lines on his forehead only deepened as he walked further in, not being used to such silence ever since Mashal had opened her eyes in this house. That had been two years ago now and since then, commotion has been a constant but no, he wasn't complaining.

He was Saad, he liked chaos.

Eyes moving between the silent house and messages on the phone, Saad entered the lounge, his body already relaxing under the spell of cold that crawled through the house. After an exhausting day spent in the office in the sweltering heat of May, by Allah, he needed the chill his house offered. Summers in Islamabad weren't taxing but this year they were, probably due to the child of his brother who kept getting on his nerves.

He still wondered why Mashal didn't like him one bit.

Internally scoffing at the thought, his eyes roamed around the room, only to find the woman who bore Mashal in her arms sitting cross-legged on the couch, remote in her hands as she watched some series on the T.V, eyes fixed as if there was no tomorrow. Mashal lay by her side, fast asleep, and he finally understood why no voice rose in the house today.

"I wonder when the goddess of maturity will bless your soul." Saad taunted at Fariya's concentration as he walked deeper in, eyes narrowing in glint and mockery as the tie loosened its hold on his neck.

"The same day the goddess of seriousness will bless yours." Fariya replied without so much as a glance in his direction and Saad had now seated himself comfortably on the couch, leaning against it and placing his feet on the table in front after freeing themselves from the shoes.

"I know where you get your words from, sister-in-law." He shook his head, laughing at her words while running a hand across the length of his face.

"From you, brother-in-law, only from you." Fariya replied, this time casting him a sideways glance while a smirk lifted her lips and Saad didn't even control the small laughter that left him.

"Where's everyone?" He asked after a moment, head leaning back against the back of the sofa and eyes closing momentarily.

"They are upstairs." Fariya replied, eyes still fixed on the T.V.

"What are they doing, planning moves against us?" Saad's brows creased as he asked, head still leaning back, slowly laughing at the end at his own words.

"I'm sure they have all have a life." She replied with an eye roll before continuing, "They are discussing something and kicked me out of the room."

Fariya informed but regretted immediately but by then, Saad, who had been casually leaning against the couch, had heard her and instantly straightened in his place, a slow but a sure smirk coming to rest on his face as he regarded Fariya's face who refused to pay him any heed, knowing clearly well what will leave Saad's blunt mouth in a second or two.

"Even you? I thought when you get married, you are considered an adult and are not thrown out of family discussions." Saad smirked as he said and Fariya chose to ignore this unbearable man, knowing what he was hinting at.