Chapter 12: In Love 「Rin」

Chapter 12: In Love Rin

I broke it off with Yumi for about two years now. Something made me want to text her so I did.

"Hey Yumi." I texted.

Waiting, I was not hoping for a response. She should hate me. I was just trying. Then I saw a reply from her!

"Hey Rin." Her words seemed dull as expected.

"How'd you been?!"

"Hm fine fine." She sluggishly said.

"Want to talk on the phone?" I suggested.

"Huh um sure why not."

I couldn't believe she agreed. I decided to call her. I heard her voice. That voice I adored so much. The voice that sang to me every night. Those lips that kissed mine. The person I've fallen head over heels with is on the phone with me again.

"Hey what's up Rin?" She spoked.

My heart fluttered. Her voice was always sexy to me. She had a masculine tone that I couldn't quite describe. So calm and soothing I responded casually.

"Hey how's you been?! It's been so long, I missed you!" I said.

"I've been fine, you?"

She was quiet. Wasn't her normal self with me. We had small chit chat and soon I found myself being young again. Those many years back when I would lay in bed like this talking to her. She started to loosen up her mood and laughed some with me.

"Yumi you know I will be completely honest, I am still in love with you." My words slipped as I got nervous for her response.

"Oh? Well wow, why did you leave me then?"

I couldn't think up the words to say to that question so I told her I just felt trapped in the relationship. I sense the hurt in her tone afterwards. However I knew she had someone new. I saw pictures of them. Some part of me was jealous of this new girl. I don't like her.

"So who's the new girl?" I asked.

"My girlfriend, but we are fighting so I rather not talk about her." She said.

Her tone was sad. Was it because of me or this new girl? I wished it was me. I have no right to say much because I let this perfect precious person go.

We talked the rest of the night and none of us wanted to hang up. I always let her hang up, but she didn't want to. She wanted to win. She did end up hanging up, and we didn't talk for a while after.

To Be Continued