|| 1 ||

|| Bella ||

After calming Charlie down from the saddening phone call, I made my way to the Cullen house hold. The events that just happened swirling in my mind.

|| Flash Back ||

I had just gotten home from school on an unusually sunny day meaning Edward and his family had to stay home. After putting my shoes by the door, I made my way to the living room and found Charlie with red puffy eyes sitting in the couch staring at his phone. "Dad are you ok?" I asked, concern and worry lacing my tone. " I-I just got off the uh phone with a police officer in Houston, Texas and um..." He paused sniffling and trying not to choke on his words. "Your aunt and uncle got into a b-bad c-car accident and d-died on impact." He concluded choking up with tears coming down his face and my vision began to blur. I took a seat beside him and we embraced each other and let our tears fall. After a few minutes of silence we broke away and wiped our tears, then a thought came to mind. "What bout Ryan?" I asked thinking of my cousin. "They called because they want to send her to live with us since my sister and your aunt put us as her emergency contact in case anything happened." He told me and I let out a sigh of relief knowing she was safe. "I'm really sorry this happened dad." I said and he gave me a slight smile. We talked a little bit before he went to his room where sobs and sniffles were heard. I cried for a little bit.

|| Flash Back End ||

I felt really bad for Charlie. I mean he just lost his sister and brother-in-law. After crying for a little bit, I knew Edward would be able to cheer me up so I wrote a note to Charlie and left. Once I got to Edward's house, he was already waiting at the door. When I embraced him, he muttered sweet, calming words to me which calmed me. After calming me, he took my hand and led me to the living room where the rest of his family was. Carlisle and Esme seated on one couch with saddened expressions, Emmett and Rosalie on the couch to the left of the room. Emmett with a saddened expression instead of his usual playful smirk and Rosalie with a neutral expression instead of a scowl with a small hint of sadness twinkling in her eyes. Alice, her mate Josh, and Jasper on the couch to the right of the room also with saddened expressions. Edward and I joined Rosalie and Emmett. Edward put his arm around me in a comforting manner which helped. "We are sorry about your aunt and uncle." Carlisle said being the first one to break the silence. "Thank you, I'm just more worried about Charlie because he knew them better than I did. During the divorce, they came and stayed with Charlie and helped them while I lived with my mom in Arizona." I explained and their saddened looks lightened ever so slightly. "Why don't you tell us about your cousin since she will be staying with you." Alice said trying to change the topic. "Her name is Ryan and she lived in Houston, Texas since she was born. I saw her at a few family events, and we were close until the divorce. Then I started living with my mom and going to every other holiday event and we just became distant. She was always the one to cheer me up when I was having a bad day or stick up for me, then we just drifted away. She was always like the sister I never had, but always wanted. Funny, sarcastic, and stubborn beyond belief, but but her presence definitely changed a room." I smiled as I spoke and the others smiled to. We spent the rest of the night talking and they cheered me up until I had to go home.

Over the last four weeks, Charlie and I flew to Houston, Texas and helped Ryan set up the funeral and pack up the house. Through the time there, I learned that Ryan had changed a lot. She has a tattoo of flowers and vines covering her right arm from shoulder to wrist and she is much more sarcastic and less cheerful than she used to be. she is more tomboy and much more grown up. It slightly worries me because she seems numb and almost emotionless.