reason seven

Luke and Petunia are my favorite.
Btw I didn't edit so there's probably mistakes. yolo amirite

his touch.

"They always say in books that when that special someone touches you, you feel sparks and flames dance upon your skin. I thought they were liars until you touched me, and I felt it in my bones." -a.g.

-

Calum's touch has always been one of the few things that can actually calm me. I'm starting to believe that Calum is the only thing that can actually relieve my nerves and thoughts; he's the only thing that can keep me sane.

You know how cliché books and movies always portray two lovers touching as 'electric', or they somehow feel 'sparks'? I used to laugh at them. I used to make fun of them and tell people how stupid they were for actually believing in that bullshit.

It wasn't until Calum touched me for the first time when I realized that the books and movies were definitely not bullshit or lies. They were the total opposite, as a matter of fact. They were nothing but the beautiful truth.

Calum's touch came in stages, you could say: the goosebumps and shivers appear almost immediately, the heavy, yet calm, breathing begins, and the nervousness or anxiety or sadness or any other horrible emotion vanishes into thin air as if he had done a magic trick.

I'm not exactly sure how his touch can have this much of an effect on me, but I do know that his touch is electric, and there is definitely sparks.

-

"Luke, honey, I'm fine," Liz assured over the phone. "It's just a little bump. I'm sure it's nothing, but the doctors want me to come in just in case."

"But what if it's not nothing? What if you have-"

"Luke, stop thinking like that. Just come pick me up, and we'll talk about this later. Okay?"

"Fine. I'll be there soon," Luke grumbled into the phone. "Love you, ma."

"Love you too, sweetie."

Luke hung up the phone angrily and put it in his back pocket. He quickly slipped on his black vans and grabbed his keys before heading outside and into his car.

Liz, Luke's mom, has been complaining about this small bump on the side of her breast that has been bugging her for a few months now. She didn't think anything of it until she mentioned something to her friend, who is a nurse. Her friend told her to get ahold of her doctor just in case because you can never be too sure. Liz wasn't all that nervous, which confused Luke to no end.

Luke, on the other hand, was more nervous than anybody. What if something was wrong with his mom? What if she was dying?

Luke shook the thoughts out of his head as he started the car and pulled out of his driveway, heading towards his childhood home.

The ride seemed longer than usual, but maybe that was just because Luke was trapped in his thoughts, and he just wanted to get this over with to make sure that his mom was okay.