Yellow.

Daisy and I strolled back to the Pokémon Center. We walked past the construction site, where there seemed to be a large crowd of people. 

"Pikachu use Thunder!" A voice shouted from the area. I glanced at the scene, trying to peer past the wall of people. 

Suddenly a blinding explosion of light erupted from the construction site. Daisy and I glanced at each other and then jogged over to the location. It was hard to see beyond all of the people, but I noticed an orange Pikachu was facing down a metallic beast. The creature had four legs and was sprawled on the ground, unconscious.

"Gah! I lost! Well done!" A construction worker standing behind the defeated Pokémon sighed. He pulled out a Poké Ball and returned the Pokémon. "Metagross and I will have to keep training."

The Pikachu was sucked back into a Poké Ball. "Thanks! That was a fun battle! Now I'm off to challenge the gym!" The opponent said. The crowd exploded with shouts, 

"Yellow!" One yelled over the storm.

Another raged over the chorus. "Yellow can I get your autograph?"

"We love you Yellow!" A third screamed.

"Everyone please calm down. Do you need to follow me everywhere?" The girl, Yellow, asked as she pushed through the crowd. I gasped as a realization crossed my face, and I looked at Daisy. She nodded, and we both glanced at the girl.

Yellow was short, a bit taller than we were despite being a few years older. She had bright yellow hair that was concealed by a large hat. 

Yellow started to march out of the crowd, and we hurried after her. "Yellow! Wait up!" Daisy called.

The trainer turned her head to look at us. She was wearing a yellow dress that fell to her knees, with brown boots on her feet. Her eyes were golden brown, and looked at us inquisitively. 

"Hang on, I feel like I recognize you both," Yellow began to size us up.

"We're both from Pallet Town," Daisy told her. "I'm Daisy Oak, and this is Red!:

Yellow's eyes widened. "You're Professor Oak's granddaughter? Oh wow, I didn't know you two had gotten so old. It's good to run into you both and to see that you're traveling together. Reminds me of the good ole days." I tilted my head.

"Oh, didja not know?" Yellow picked up on my confusion. "Blue and I used to travel together, back when we were exploring the Johto Region. We've... fallen out of touch, to say the least."

Daisy held up the Poké Dex in her bag. "I heard you're taking on the gyms now that you filled up the Poké Dex. Oh, by the way, grandpa can't thank you enough for that."

Yellow blushed a bit as a sheepish smile crossed her face. "Now, it wasn't anything special. Took me a darn long time, but now I figure I ought to put all my Pokémon to the test and take on the Pokémon League. My goal is to become the Champion."

I was astonished by her confidence. Solus had been the Champion of Kanto and Johto for years, having defended his position against all other challengers. I wanted to take on the Pokémon League, but I probably wouldn't stand much of a chance against him. Yellow, though. She could become a Champion, I knew it.

"That's amazing!" Daisy replied. "Red is taking on the Pokémon League, and I'm his reliable navigator! He just beat Lieutenant Surge."

Yellow whistled. "Now that's quite impressive, Red. Seems like you're on a good trajectory."

I locked eyes with Yellow and then took out a Poké Ball. I wanted to have a battle against her. The girl seemed to understand what I was getting at. "So, you want a battle?"