Cinnabar's Fiery Revolution

We left the gym and stopped in at the Pokémon Center to have my Pokémon restored. "Next stop, Cinnabar Island!" Daisy declared. "Then, we can swing through Pallet Town and stop in at home!" Maybe we'll run into Bill. I theorized.

I decided to send my mom a message letting her know I'd be visiting home soon. "Plus, I can finally get this fossil restored." Daisy mused, glancing at the amber sphere.

We set off for the south of Fuchsia City, arriving back at the port. A few ships were in the docks, though the S.S. Anne was nowhere to be seen. Sailors were hanging around, and a few trainers were scattered on the beach as well.

We stepped onto the docks and stopped when we saw a ship advertising transportation onto Cinnabar Island. Daisy cleared her throat. "Excuse me, sir. We were wondering if you could give us a ride to Cinnabar Island?"

The captain of the ship glanced at us. A large bird Pokémon flew down onto his head. It had a white and blew body, with a massive yellow beak. "I suppose I can, though travel to Cinnabar has been iffy lately."

Daisy raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

"It's complicated, lass. The ports are all closed, and it seems like it's become a ghost town." The man explained.

I frowned. What does that mean? Did something happen there? Daisy seemed to be thinking the same thing. "We'll make do, we have a friend on Cinnabar and it's really important that we go there." The Captain seemed unsure, but I held up my badge case to show we were capable trainers.

He relented and allowed us onto the ship. The boat pulled out of the docs, and we began to fly across the water. Feeling the wind on my face was great, but I had to tightly clutch my cap so it didn't fall off.

"This is awesome!" Daisy whooped, standing at the front of the boat to get the full force of the wind. Her green eyes were full of excitement, and I couldn't help but stare at her. It was odd, but Daisy meant a lot to me. 

Seeing her happy made me happy. After all, she was my best friend. The only person besides my mom who had bothered to learn sign language so she could effectively understand me. There was something about that which I appreciated. I was lost in my thoughts until I heard the captain laugh.

I jumped and turned to him, he was standing next to me instead of piloting the ship. "Looks like you fancy the lass. That's adorable, kiddo." I felt my face get hot as he talked. I started to shake my head but he put up a hand.

"Don't worry about it, kid. Just something to think about. Now I should probably get back to piloting the boat!" My eyes widened and he started to laugh again.

"I'm just yanking your chain! Pelipper is piloting it!" I was relieved until his Pelipper flew over and landed on the captain's shoulder. His eyes widened and he darted to the steering wheel. Daisy gave me a confused look.

I shrugged. He forgot to pilot the boat. After that Daisy decided to sit near the lifeboat for the rest of the trip.

As the island came into view I began to notice something was wrong. Smoke was coming up from the island, and I heard the sound of battling. The Captain's eyes widened. "What the hell's going on?"

Daisy and I looked at each other. "Team Rocket." I was thinking the same thing. "Sir, we think Cinnabar might be under attack by Team Rocket!"

"Team Rocket?" He exclaimed. "You kiddos, stay on the ship! I'm going to handle this! Those fiends sunk my friend's ship." 

 The boat slowed to a stop and coasted into the docks. The captain jumped off of his ship with Pelipper flying behind him. We jumped off of the ship not long after and ran onto the island.