Chapter 5

MCKENNAS P.O.V.

It all happened so fast. I didn't even know what happened. The first thing I remember was a red streak of light and then there was a loud SMACK! and the world went black.

I slowly opened my eyes to see a white ceiling above me. When I turned my head I saw my mom sitting next to my bed. Why am I in a hospital? She looked as if she was praying.

"Mom?" I asked but it came out very hoarse. She didn't look up. Then the door opened for me to see Liv and Niall walk in. They stayed silent but Niall put his inked hand on my moms shoulder. I was surprised she didn't flip out and smack him.

I looked around the room very confused. I saw a card on the floor next to my mom's feet. I jumped off the bed I was sitting on and picked it up.

'Sorry for your lost.' It read. What? I opened it and it said, 'Elizabeth, I'm sorry for the loss of your oldest daughter, she will be remembered here on earth. With all love, Jen.'

"Okay, what happened?" I asked out loud and looked over at Liv, Niall and my mom. They didn't say anything.

I walked over to the bed I was sitting on, and I saw myself laying there. I blinked a couple times to see if it was real. It was.

Then all of a sudden, the door flew open again and a bunch of nurses ran over to the bed wheeling it out and pulled a white sheet over my head, well my body's head. I just stood there in awe, what hung them take me away.

I sat down on the hospital room floor and started sobbing into my heads. It felt like hours, but it was probably only two minutes, when my mom's eyes flew open and she cried out.

"McKenna!!"

"McKenna!" I heard a voice say. I opened my eyes a little to see, Niall, Liv, Harry, and about two more of the people that Perrie introduced me to this morning, or at least I hope it's the same day.

"W-what happened?" I stuttered, trying to sit up but failing and falling back. Harry and one of the people didn't remember their names rushed to help me sit up and put some pillows behind me. I looked around the room to see posters and drawing covering the walls. It looked similar to mine and Perrie's, or at least I hope it's still ours.

"When Zayn told us that he was back with Perrie, you flipped out tackled him and you fell back hitting your head on the edge of the bed." Niall said probably summing it up for my sake.

"Oh," is all I said. I looked around the room once more, "Wait, where's Perrie?" (OH MY JESUS I DIDNT EVEN MEAN TO DO THAT!! BAHAHA!!!)

"She's just sitting in her room. Zayn went back to his dorm a while ago." Liv said, looking over her shoulder nervously.

"Who's room am I in?" I asked very suspicious. I tried to sit up more but my head had a shot of pain go through it. I groaned and leaned back on the pillows.

"This is my room. My roommate graduated last year, and I was the only person with an extra bed." Liv explained, but noticed I was still confused.

"In case you barfed or something." Niall said. I just nodded and stared at my toes.

"Well, I have to go clean my room," I declared, about to get up but, Niall gently pressed my shoulders back.

"Don't worry, we already cleaned it up. It's back to the way it looked." Niall said with a smile letting to of my shoulders.

I nodded and was about to ask why, but I didn't. The crowd in Liv's room trickled out leaving my and Liv just sitting alone.

"So, uh, what do you like to do for fun...?" I asked awkwardly trying to get a conversation out of this.

"Eat."

"Excuse me?" I asked confused and looked over to see Liv scrolling through something on her phone.

"I like to eat for fun. Oh, and use the internet. And swim." She looked over at me with a big smile on her face.

"Oh, well that's nice..." I replied weirdly fiddling with my thumbs. I really wish I had my phone right now, I thought. I looked back over at Liv who's phone case looks... a lot like mine... Wut?

"Um who's phone is that?" I asked leaning over to get a better look, ignoring the pain in my lower back.

"Yours," she replied simply not stopping scrolling.

"Why are you on mine?!"

"Cuz mine is so far," she said waving her arm to the bed stand that is just out of reach.

"You're pathetic." I said and hoped out of bed and grabbed my phone and tossed hers at her face.