6:15 a.m.

Author's note: you don't have to, but I advice you watch "Causal loop" over at vsauce3, it might make some things easier to understand.

My alarm clock goes off loudly and wakes me up out of a dream abruptly. I dreamt about Jake again. We've been friends and colleagues for quite a while now and I've had more...Romantic feelings for him for about a year and lately I've been having a lot of.... Let's say, intense dreams about him.
It's 6:15 a.m., today is Monday, I remember, and I have to go to the lab today, after all the research and building Jake and I have done, today is the day, we're going to put the parts together, we're going to make a wormhole. Right here, on earth, as the first scientists in all of human history.

I get out of bed and do my normal morning routine. I am making my coffee when I notice something is off. Instead of where my favourite coffee mug is, the one with a picture of the periodic table on it, there is a post it note, the only thing written on it is "loop" it looks like my handwriting but I don't remember writing it. I know I still have an hour left before I have to go to work, but I phone Jake as quick as I can. Because we work with time travel, sometimes paradoxes can happen, we have protocols against them, but the fact that I found the post it note saying "loop." Is very concerning. Loops are the hardest to fix, anything you do can cause something else to happen, you never know which event is crucial, you never know what is the end or beginning of the loop because it simply has none. "Good morning sunshine." Jake says on the other side of the phonecall. "Morning Jake, we have a problem. I theoretically know what to do but I want your advice." I explain the situation and after a short silence Jake answers "There are two ways to fix this loop, if it is, as you say a causal loop." I am almost certain it's a causal loop, the first event must have been something to do with our project... Or will be something to do with our project I suppose. "I'm pretty sure it is" I tell Jake. "Alright, well, there's two ways to fix this." Jake says, partially telling me, partially thinking out loud. "You've either gotta find out what one or more of the events are and stop them from happening, or-" [note: the time loop is like a circle of dominos, each event a domino. The event happening means the domino standing up, the event not happening means the domino falling, if you knock one domino down, the rest will follow because each event is the cause of the next event.] he stops in the middle of his sentence, worried. "Or change the final event as to change the whole timeline." I finish his sentence. You can do this by "adding" a fixed point that wasn't originally in the timeline. Fixed points are usually things like birth or death, but they can be big decisions as well. "...Right yeah, that." Jake says. "Do you think you can find out what the first event is, is there anything else written down besides "loop."?" I look around in my kitchen but I see nothing. "No, just the post it note." I answer. I can hear Jake sigh. "I think we'll have to talk about this more at the lab, just go about everything as if nothing happened and hope you won't walk into our first event." He says.

Author's note: I will write more later, don't know when yet sorry. Have a nice day!