•12•

Tsukishima returned home and his Father immediately walked up to him. "What do you think you're doing?"
"What do you mean?"
"You know very well what I mean. You skipped school."

He had completely forgotten about school. It was as if he was meant to stay at the hospital rather than go to school.

"I was visiting a friend at the hospital."
"And you think that they're more important than your grades?"
"I may not get to see him ever again, Dad."

Tsukishima's remark earned a slap. "Enough of your nonsense, Kei. You need to study and get into a good college. Don't you want a good job?"

Both Kei and his Father were growing angry. "I do want good grades, but not at the expense of my friend."
"Your friend could die regardless of your grades."
"You're horrible, Father. Don't speak lowly of Yamaguchi."

Their friendship had started deteriorating at a fast rate. "I'm speaking the truth. Focus on your grades and don't associate yourself with this Yamaguchi person."
"If someone you love was dying wouldn't you want to be with them?"

At that moment all the respect Kei had earned had just dissipated in the air. "What did you say, Son?"

To this, Tsukishima froze. He was so caught up in the moment he wasn't paying attention to what he was saying.

Kei knew very well that his Father was very homophobic and he'd tried so hard to hide his sexuality, but now his Father knew.

"Kei, you better not be saying you're gay. I need to have a word with your Mother about this."

"Why? Do you care that there are different types of cars? That there are so many different brands of clothes or items? I know your answer is no, so then why do you care that there is more than one type of sexuality?"

That's when his relationship completely deteriorated. His Dad hit him once more and Tsukishima was pretty sure it would form a black eye.

"Go upstairs."
"What about dinner?"
"Don't give me that. Judging by how skinny you are it's not like you want to eat."

Tsukishima punched the wall and it resulted in a hole. "I hate you so much!"