•15•

Tsukishima visited Yamaguchi again. He had done this a lot more since he collapsed; mainly because Yamaguchi was increasingly concerned.

This time, however, Tsukishima was presented with a gift. Inside was a ring and letter.

To Kei

I want you to have this ring. It's almost like a promise to stay with me, if that makes sense.

To put it simply, I want you to be with me forever.

Poor tree.

"Poor tree?" Tsukishima laughed. "Yes. A tree was sacrificed for my mess of a note."

Tsukishima put the ring on his finger. "I'll stay with you forever, Yamaguchi."
"I really do love you, Tsukki."

Yamaguchi looked down at the duvet. "Tsukki," Yamaguchi croaked, "we may not have long left together."

Although Tsukishima was aware of the possibility it still hit him hard. "What do you mean?"

By the sound of his voice Yamaguchi already knew Tsukishima was almost certain he knew what followed.

"The doctors say I've suddenly got a lot worse. They said they don't know if I'll survive. Don't tell anyone, please."

Yamaguchi was crying uncontrollably. "I don't want to die, Tsukki! I don't want to leave you alone!"

Tsukishima began crying, too. "And we'll do those things, Yamaguchi. You and I will do anything you want to."

Tsukishima sat beside Yamaguchi who immediately wrapped his arms around the taller boy and rested his head on his shoulder.

"Can we have our first date, Tsukki?" Tsukishima froze. "Of course, Yamaguchi." The two exchanged a small kiss - which tasted of salty tears.

"When do you want to have it?"
"Now."