Four...

The next few weeks went by a lot easier than my first couple of days. Mr Menth had explained to the class that Kyle had backed out of the drama class, I was pleased about this, but it also seemed that Gabe and Matthew were just as happy. I still could not think of any reason why they spoke in code sometimes. I could hear them in passing. They were pretty good at it in fact, to the normal eye it looked like they were not even talking, but I could hear them from time to time. I figured it just meant that I had good hearing skills. In drama Gabe ended up getting the part of Jack and Alex as he wanted got the policeman. Matthew became understudy for Gabe but also got a part as one of the other criminals. One of the girls from the other school, her name Gale, got the part of girlfriend, to much dislike of Jessica, who was placed on understudy duty of the girlfriend. She could have been good, but she tried too hard.

Now that it was closing in on the end of March, the weather was starting to get a little more cooler and the students rugged up a little more. The cast was also gone from my wrist, but I had a nice scar where they had to open to reset the bones. My mother had even come to the terms that now we lived in the city suburbs we needed another car, that I could use when needed while she was at work, as her hours were picking up more than any of us could have expected. I already had my licence, had it in town years ago, I just did not use it all the time, as in town, things were easier to get to. Here was a different story, and so car hunting, we found something basic for myself to use to get around in.

In those few weeks as well Alex had a birthday, turning seventeen. He did not have a big party, but something decent at his house on a Saturday afternoon. In the traditional form, it was a BBQ. I went along with Abby and Claire, April had to work her part time job and could not make it. Gabe and Matthew were there however, and a couple of other students, along with Alex's family. It had been nice and relaxed and everyone had enjoyed themselves. Over time it also allowed me to get to know other people more. Matthew was a flirt, but in all good fun. Gabe was more reserved and did not speak too much. When he did, I felt like he had an air of age in him. Like he knew more than even those adults around us. Abby was fun and bright, chilled out and relaxed. Claire loved to gossip, but she was also very loyal to her friends and would do anything to help them. April liked gossip less than Claire, but was just as loyal. She was also a very hands on busy person and laughed a good laugh. Beth was more on the shy side then the rest, she did not talk about herself too much, but she did join in on things and was best friends with Alex.

One thing that I was learning quickly was that these new people in my life were turning things around. I had started out not really caring, just wanting to finish school and move on. I was happier now, more relaxed and felt like things were getting easier. I still did not open up a lot about life in town. I explained to my new friends that it was a very difficult thing to talk about and go back to, and they did not push it. I was glad. Maybe that was why I liked them a lot, because back in the town, everyone pushed you for details and would never leave you alone until they got what they wanted, and then they would tell their friends, who told their friends, and following on, it soon became town news. Granted, the event that took place was in turn town news from the start, but getting the full story, the inside details was another whole level for the town.

Today, Abby and myself were sitting in Physical Education. Our teacher had explained the week before that theory period was over and we were now going to do a few activities. Some of the girls groaned and moaned over this, but I was happy, I could finally get some fitness in. There was debates on what sport we were going to be starting with. The girls all claimed Volleyball, and the boys were backing on soccer. I did not care what we did, but we knew we would be joining the other class who were on at the same time. That was something interesting about our studies. Even though there were subjects the same, there were different levels. Maths had three, English has two, PE had two and so on. Abby was thrilled as she knew Gabe and Matthew were in the other class, as was April and Beth.