Scene 3

They were enjoying themselves. After eating a dinner that Clarke had prepared himself, he had cleaned up while she just sat there, enjoying the sounds of birds and rain outside the cave opening.

He offered his hand. "Dance with me and pretend the world doesn't exist."

She accepted. What followed was the most splendid dance she ever done. Clarke led her in first the waltz then just swaying back and forth. He twirled her and her dress floated out. They both forgot the world outside. They forgot about Michael or his rage. They forgot the pending trials. They lost themselves in the love and warmth of just being together.

Since her confession the night before, they had basked in the newfound relationship. They had adventured to the back of the cave earlier and found an old trunk. Inside had been several older-styled dresses, from the 40s or 50s, a coat, more blankets, and one pair of leather ankle boots. Finally she was able to be dressed in something other than torn undergarments and a blanket.

The dress she had chosen was pale azure in color with a simple bodice that ended into high waistline that tapered into full skirt. When she spun, the skirt spun out. The color complemented her eyes he noticed. Her well proportioned face with its small nose and full lips keep him entranced. His own ruddy face was by no means considered handsome, yet she loved him. Loved him like he had loved her since she had first come into both his and Michael's lives.

He grasped her hand and they stopped swaying. He led her into the back of the cave into yet another room. She started to wonder where he was taking her when he led her into one corridor after another. Finally they reached their destination. It was a cave of crystals; in one corner of the smaller cave there was a fire, making the crystals sparkle and glitter. Of course she couldn't see but he described the details of the cavern to here.

"Clarke? What – how?" Aurora's thoughts seemed to tumble in her mind. She couldn't make sense of it.

"I found this the morning before I took you. It was here that I pondered whether or not I should. It was here that I decided I should."

"Thank you for sharing this with me."