#goals

  C͟͟a͟͟m͟͟e͟͟r͟͟o͟͟n͟͟ P͟͟O͟͟V͟͟:

  When the bell rings for lunch, I grab my bag and make my way to the cafeteria. I immediately see Emma, sitting with a group of (obviously popular) friends. I slowly breathe in, and exhale, shaking off my jitters. She's just a girl. That's what I try and tell myself. But she's not just a girl. I have always known there was something special about her. Just the way she walks, the way she laughs, just everything about her. I make my way over to Emma's table. I set my tray down right next to hers. As I sit down I get a whiff of perfume. She looks over at me and smiles, and I smile back. "Hey." I try and say and cool as possible. "Hey." She says back. She then starts to talk to her friend who always rolls her eyes and smacks her gum. I start to feel a little out of place and awkward, but then she introduces me. "Guys, this is Cameron my best friend from 1st grade through 7th grade, who just moved back this summer." I hear a mutter of several different "hi's" and "hey's".  The girl who smacks her gum just stairs at me and asks In a flat voice (as usual) "are you sure you're not dating?" The question was mainly directed towards Emma, even though she still looked at me. "Uh... no" we both said at the same time. Then Lindsey speaks up, "You guys are like, TOTALLY goals." I feel my face spread with warmth so I look down towards my lap. Out of the corner of my eye, I can see Emma's face grow red too. Maybe that's a good sign.

E͟͟m͟͟m͟͟a͟͟ P͟͟O͟͟V͟͟:

 After lunch me and Cameron walk to our English class together. I'm pretty sure my mom hasn't relized that the "Cameron Ashford" on her list of students is someone she knows. We all file into class, and me and Cameron both grab a pair of desks right next to each other. My mom starts to call roll, and when she gets to Cameron's name she furrows her eyebrows at the paper, like there's some kind of mistake. Then she slowly looks up, and looks him right in the eye. I see his face grow pale again. She continues calling roll and when she's done, she looks back at Cameron. "So, Cameron," she starts, "You're our new transfer student this year?" Cameron replies, "U-Um, yes m-mam." My mom stares at him for a moment then finally speaks, "Cameron, come trade seats with," she stairs at the roll call sheet closely, trying to read the name. "Come trade seats with Jackson Smith over here." She says sternly and she points her pen towards Jacksons desk. Great. Jackson is one of those guys who doesn't leave you alone and is constantly flirting with me. Cameron grabs his bag, and looks at me one last time before moving to the front of the classroom. Right by my mom. Jackson comes and sits next to me. A wave of cologne comes over me and all of a sudden I feel like throwing up. He leans his back towards me and rests his right leg over his left. I immediately feel uncomfortable and annoyed. The entire class period my mom talks about how intolerable behavior will not be acceptable  and that she expects us to make perfect scores on every test. During the lecture, she glances and Cameron every few moments, just to make sure he's not doing something "intolerable".

 Finally, it's the last period of the day. Reading. I walk into the classroom, only to notice I don't know anyone in here. I slowly and awkwardly set down my bag and slide into my chair. I look up and notice a tall guy standing across the room talking to the teacher. His hair is messy, but handsome. He turns around and I immediately recognize them. Cameron. I feel like the temperature rose 100° and I feel extremely embarrassed. He comes and sits at the desk next to me and says, "I got a schedule change, just 1st and 8th period." I smile at him because I don't know what to say, I feel like anything I say to him will come out as stutters. The teacher stands up, she looks like she's 26 years old. "Hey class. My name is Ms. Lynch. I honestly feel like Reading is a pointless subject so, you guys can just read a book, or read your phone, instagram counts as reading right? Or maybe just talk, because that's close enough. I have spare pencils. Just ask. I have condoms. Just ask." Cameron looks at me with a bewildered expression. "This teacher is awesome!" He whispers to me. We just talk the entire period, and me and Lindsey text   each other most of the duration of class. 

When school is over I walk out to the parking lot, and head over to Mom's car. Dylan is already there, waiting. He looks up from the ground when he sees me coming. "Anything new?" He asks, looking over at someone else. "Nothing much. Oh! Remeber Cameron? Well he moved back to California and he's here again!" Dylan looks at me from the girl he was staring at. "Cameron Ashford?" He says with a serious tone. " uh, yeah." I say. He shakes his head and replies, "you should probably stay away from him." I look at him with disbelief. "What? Why would you say that?" Dylan says, "well, for starters Mom doesn't like him, and... Mom told me something. Something personal." I stare at Dylan. "Like what?" I ask. "Something that he should tell you himself, not me." Dylan says. What could have Cameron done that's so bad?