Chapter 1

"So you really believe that this one trip will help our daughter?" My mom said, looking hopefully at the doctor. He sighed and nodded, giving me a small smile.

"It might help her find some... closure. Maybe after this trip she'll find herself too." Oh, how stupendously cheesy. I closed my eyes and concentrated on the voices around the room again. Different accents, different people. Some were so weird like, 'man, this nacho tastes like my dog's butt'. I think I should stop listening to other people's' thoughts now...

"What do you think, honey?" I looked up at my dad and he gave me a small nudge, a smirk on his face. I sighed and replied,

"Yeah, sure whatever."

~~~~~

"Did you know that Sarah broke up with Matt last week? Man, you're really missing out on some interesting stuff, Addy." I rolled my eyes. I hadn't been in school over the past few weeks due to my health not being... the best it could be.

About 2 months ago my best friend died after a freak accident by some wild dogs that gouged her eyes out and ran off. Brutal, I know. They say that wolves go for the soft parts anyway.

I looked up at Lucy, filing her nails as she sighed with boredom.

"Well... he had it coming. Stupid pothead." I mumbled the last bit to myself as Lucy suddenly shrieked in fear. I gave her a confused look and she wordlessly pointed at a peregrine falcon, perched on the roof of the boat. She was beautiful. I took out my phone and snapped a picture, a squawk coming from the majestic bird as she took off back into the sky. "Amazing." I whispered under my breath, Lucy giving me a glare.

"What!? That bird almost killed me!" I rolled my eyes once more, staring out into the sea as she waves crashed against the boat.

"Shame it didn't."

~~~~~

"Hi there... sir. We're tourists from America. Could we possibly book a room for a few nights while we stay?" Lucy asked, the manager giving her an odd look before nodding, a grunt coming from his chest as he passed a key over to her.

"No hot water after 10 PM." He spoke in a gruff voice and we smiled thankfully, hopping up the stairs and into our room where we unpacked and sorted out a schedule.

"Right. Stay up here, OK? I'm just gonna head down to the bar to... mingle." I nodded once and threw on a hoodie as Lucy pursed her lips and grabbed some money, escaping down to the bar to probably drink and go home with some sleazy Welsh guys.

I shook my head, a small sigh escaping my lips.

"Yeah right. As if I'm staying here." I grabbed my coat from the hook behind the closed door and threw it on, grabbing my bag and camera. Stuffing some sweets and chocolate in my pockets and my phone in my handbag, I grinned mischievously, exiting the room. When I got to the stairs, I peeked down to see Lucy sitting with a fat guy at the bar, drinking a lager. Ugh. I hate alcohol.

Lucy was only here to watch me. I very well could have come to Cairnholm on my own, but mom insisted that Lucy come too because her mom was my mom's best friend. Recently, I had been hearing voices. Like, lots of them. Some were inappropriate, some were funny and some were just plain... disturbing. Many new Welsh voices surrounded my head and for once, it was nice, letting my mind just... bathe in the voices. For once, it wasn't making my head ache and my stomach coil. It was eerily calm, and it worried me.

Stepping down the stairs as quietly as I could in my military boots, and snuck past Lucy and her... ahem... 'man' and slithered out the door. As soon as I entered the outside world, the voices strengthened and despite this being a small island with an even smaller population, my head began to buzz and I felt a little dizzy.