3 | kissed by death

For the next week, Estella had locked herself in her room, feeding into the sadness of losing her father

For the next week, Estella had locked herself in her room, feeding into the sadness of losing her father. She knew, as a shadowhunter, she had to be stronger than this, but he was her last parent, and he died too soon. He didn't get to see any of his children marry, he didn't get to meet any of his grandchildren and it upset Estella more knowing that he would never meet hers' and Alecs' children.

Her father was a great man, and an amazing father, that's why Estella had to go through with the wedding on her birthday- so that her father's name did not go in vain.

The only time Estella opened the door to her bedroom was to allow her brothers to come in with food. The twins tried desperately to get her to work on missions with them, but she always refused. Jace tried to get Estella to leave the room as well, but she didn't listen to him, not after he left her room so suddenly last week with no explanation.

Alec came by her room once, knocking twice, than leaving quickly with a change of his mind. Jace had convinced Alec that he should be the shoulder Estella leaned on, but Alec didn't think the girl would give him the time of day, so he quickly returned to his duties, trying to forget about his fiancè's cries that he had heard when he stood outside her room. Even though he was still undecided of the marriage his parents were pressuring him to accept, he still felt slightly guilty as he walked away from Estella's room.

Jace returned to Estella's room on a friday evening, asking her if she wanted to join Alec, Izzy, and himself on a mission in town. Estella knew it was a big deal in the Institute to be apart of the Lightwood's group, but her family name held just as much importance, and she refused Jace's offer with a smile and instead went on a mission with her brothers.

It was also in town, but it was in a more rural area than where Jace and the others went. The location they had tracked a Shax demon at just so happened to be an abandoned building that looked like it would fall apart at any moment. Mundane houses littered the same street, but no one realized the building was occupied by demons that were draining other mundane's bloods.

The building was tall, and no light could be seen from where the twins and Estella stood.

Estella sighed behind her brothers as Jude led them into the basement where he had broken into. He jumped down from the window, and his brother jumped in after. Estella soon followed and landed quietly on her feet. Estella quickly shook her mind to get rid of being in awe of seeing the mundane world in person for the first time and focused on the task. There was demons emptying the bodies of mundanes by taking their blood and the Ravenwoods were supposed to find out who the seller was, just like the Lightwoods were doing in Pandemonium.

"Estella, clear the west wing of the bulding, I'll clear the east wing and keep one alive, and Jaxon will watch our backs."

Estella nodded at her brother's plan and everyone quickly separated and went into action.