ENLARGE MY HEART TO LOVE

Jesus replied, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’  This is the first and greatest commandment.  A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.”  Matthew 22:37‭-‬40 NLT

What a joy to wake up in the morning and read the above passage. As I pondered on the verse, I thought...'When we are FILLED with God's love, we are awesomely blessed and have the BEST advantage in life.' God LOVES us with such intensity, even when we don't love Him back. No wonder Jesus said, "This is the first and GREATEST commandment!"
The Spirit of God dwells within us and infiltrates every cell and organ in our bodies. We are saturated with His love and His blood flows passionately, through our veins. How can we not love so GREAT a God? May His love continue to flow so that we can be swept up into His raging river and be changed for all eternity.

If we are struggling to love others, we can pray and ask the Lord to fill us with His AGAPE LOVE. Loving others will then be so easy because He will love them through us. Nothing we ever do in our own strength is pleasing to God. We cannot even 'love' on our own. We simply choose and His love will ooze. Faith pleases Him and there are plenty of rewards for those who trust in Him.

The second commandment is equally important...Jesus said, 'Love your neighbour as you love yourself.' As we gaze into a mirror, we behold the glory of the Lord and we become more like Him. (2 Cor 3:18) We are a reflection of His light and His Love. When Jesus dwells on the inside of us, we become who He is...LOVE. 'As He is, so are we in this world.'  'We love Him because He first loved us.'  (1John 4:17+19) He holds us together with chords of love and never lets us go.

He is the LOVE of our lives only because WE ARE the LOVE of His heart. His Holy Spirit compels us to love one another. (1John 4:11) So beautiful, so amazingly perfect, and so profoundly necessary to let this LOVE powerfully flow through us.
'We pray for those who are serving You today O Lord and for those who are hostile towards You, please use us to reach out to them and embrace them affectionately with your love and Your amazing grace. Open our eyes to behold the Glory of the Lord and enlarge our hearts to share Your Gift of Salvation. For those who are in pain and great sorrow, shine Your Light through us, into their darkest places and use us to bring hope to their hurting hearts.  Thank You Jesus...Amen!'