Chapter 17

Starlin stared at the ceiling.

She wanted to go to her room, but Piflin was asleep in her lap.

Lance was asleep on the couch across from her.

That day had been quite amusing for her. She had learned what a "dab" was, and was explained a wide variety of jokes.

But now she was just tired.

Piflin whimpered in her lap. Looking down, Starlin saw him crying in his sleep.

What is he dreaming about?

She quietly took his hand and entered his mind, curious as to what she would find.

It was dark.

A forest?

Eerie wind blew. She could smell the faint scent of dead azaleas. (THE PUN WASN'T INTENDED I STFG)

Something ran past her.

Squinting, Starlin could see it was Piflin.

What is he running from?

She chased after him.

Starlin found him hiding in a bush.
"Piflin, what's the matter?", she asked him urgently.

The little Prince was sobbing horrifically. It wasn't out of pain, but rather seemed to be out of fear.

"I didn't mean to wander there!", he shouted in tears, "Please don't hurt me!"

Starlin gathered him up in her arms. He seemed so frail, so fragile.

He might not be her brother, but she would protect him as much as she could.

"Who's going to hurt you?", Starlin asked him.

A snap of a branch caused Starlin to spin around, holding Piflin protectively in her arms.

A tall figure stepped out of the shadows.

The man was stunningly handsome, except for the murderous look in his eyes.

Brenan Fidorgiare.

Piflin began to sob harder, his body violently convulsing.
Starlin remembered Brenan from Piflin's sadder stories and memories.

And she knew exactly what he did to Piflin.

Setting Piflin down, she calmly walked up to Brenan.

The dream figure looked down on her and growled.
"Move out of my way, you abomination."

Starlin pressed her hand against his chest and set him ablaze. She watched in satisfaction as he burned away to the night sky.

"You don't belong here", she stated quietly.

Piflin stayed by the bush, sobbing less. He smiled gratefully through his tears at Starlin, mouthing her a silent "thank you".

'The past will be revisited'

Starlin tensed at the sound if the unknown hybrid's voice.

As if an unseen hand had picked her up, Starlin was unexpectedly tossed into the astral plane of her mind.

Her fists balled up and frustration boiled in her chest.

"What do you want?!", she boomed.

Angrily, she snatched up the orb.

The image of Azalea's Nightmare swirled through her head. The black hole that tore at everyone's mourning hearts.

What is so important about Azalea's Nightmare?

On time with her thoughts, the image of the black hole exploded, leaving darkness.

Something's going to happen to it.

In the darkness of the astral plane, the voice whispered something into the Princess's ear.

'The truth is comatose. But all lies will surface eventually...'