prologue

▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

Jiyeon's POV

Two years ago...

Everything will be alright, Jiyeon. Just breathe. This is your first case, you're focusing on making your parents proud. You're fighting for Yeri and her family and you're also giving justice to her and her family. Remember — winning is the key.

Instantly, the doors open revealing the judge and he walks into the court. He walks up to his high desk, stands by his seat and raises his voice, "All rise!"

The court hall, including me, stand up from our seats, obeying the judge's order.

"Today's date is Sunday 12th June 2016 and we are all currently sitting in here witnessing the rape case of young teenager, Song Yeri, age's 15 and Ji Hanwoo, age's 28. Present in the court room is Lee Jiyeon, supporting Song Yeri and we have Min Sunghyun who's supporting Ji Hanwoo. Please be seated." The judge announces.

We all sit back down on our seats, including the judge and the case begins.

"Now, Miss Lee Jiyeon present your version of the case." The judge commands and points at me.

"Yes, Your Honour." I reply.

"Begin." The judge simply says.

Be brave, Jiyeon. Be brave.

"Your Honour, my client, 15 year old Song Yeri, was raped on Wednesday 5th August, which was one week ago. She was raped by Ji Hanwoo. Now let me tell you this, Your Honour, raping a young girl is NEVER okay! It's not acceptable and shouldn't be dealt with lightly. What this man did to her was disgusting. He is a rapist!" I present my study of the case, when someone shouts causing me to flinch.

"Objection, Your Honour!" Sunghyun shouts.

Oh no. I hope he doesn't present something that will make me lose the case.

"Objection sustained, Mr Min Sunghyun." The judge speaks.

Sustained? Great.

"Thank you, Your Honour." Sunghyun bows and continues.

"Your Honour, how do we know that this young girl is telling the truth? She could be lying to tarnish his reputation. After all, Mr Hanwoo is the most richest business man in all of Busan. She could be framing him or could be lying just to steal his wealth and his fame." Sunghyun explains.

"Objection, Your Honour!" I shout.

"Object, sustained." The judge replies.

Thank goodness.

"Your Honour, why would, a young girl like Yeri, lie over something as big as this? She was only there at his company to do work placement to gain some experience. You see, Your Honour, staff that work in a company, a school, a nursery, a restaurant, anywhere you name it, are supposed to develop a great bond with the other staff and managers. I don't find anything wrong with that. I mean, just by doing that, you're creating a happy environment around you. That's exactly what Yeri was doing. She was building a bond between herself and the staff as well as Mr Hanwoo. Yeri was supposed to be on work placement for 2 weeks. She was raped on her first week. Mr Hanwoo thought it was funny to force himself onto her. She begged him to stop, but did he listen?" I explain.