Chapter 1: Nightfall

Here's my Optimus Prime love story! Jazz never died in the first movie-this is after Dark of the Moon. Ironhide is also alive.

----------------------------------------------------

Cross Stormcroft is a hacker. Labeled 'insane, schizophrenic' and has both MPD and ADHD she gets taken to NEST after being held for two years in a mental hospital with nothing but her hundreds of flash drives and a box to hold them all. What will she do when she realizes the voices in her head are real?

---------------

"All night long," she muttered to herself, a habit she'd gotten after two years in a room, going to therapy, and seeing her flash drives to her computer, which had an AI that was named Sierra.

Cross Stormcroft had waited all night for her dinner, but the guy hadn't brought it.

She looked at the flash drives, and sighed.

"Another boring day," she said.

Then they came.

The voices. Her company. The only things that kept her occupied daily.

'Optimus to Ratchet. Any Decepticon activity?'

'They are blocking my scans if there are any, Optimus.'

Then the sinister, more evil voices came in.

'Megatron to Soundwave. Any Autobot activity? Did you block their scans?'

This had been what had made Cross go into a mental hospital. She had been running away ever since she'd started hacking. Then when she was twenty she'd been sent to a psych ward at the nearest mental hospital to the Pentagon.

She let her mind wander as she listened to the voices.

Cross didn't know why she'd been labeled insane or schizophrenic...or how she had MPD. She knew that she was ADHD...but she was weird. That's all she knew.

Sighing again as the clamor in her head subsided again, she heard the door being unlocked.

The aroma of food made her stomach rumble.

She saw the tray and gaped at the food arrayed on the tray. Meat, cookies, eggs..."Is it my birthday?" She wondered aloud.

"No. You are leaving," the matron sniffed as she handed her the food.

Cross quickly ate then grabbed her box when the matron motioned for her to follow.

She was allowed to change into different clothes other than the dress...and Cross smiled for the first time in two years.

"Is my computer going to be there?" She asked the matron, and she shrugged.

"I don't know..."

No more was said.

Cross saw the guy who put her in the mental hospital.

"General Morshower," she coldly greeted him.

"Cross," he said, just as coldly.

Cross rolled her eyes.

"Can we go?" She asked, irritable. He sighed then nodded, acquiescing to her demand.

------

When they got off of the plane, Cross yawned and jumped up, grabbing her box and entered the base. It was late afternoon and Cross had a huge migraine from the 'Autobots'.

'Ratchet, I want you to scan the new recruit for injuries.'

'Who's going to be the newbie? Another squishy?'

Cross bit her lip, stopping herself from laughing.

If she did talk while she was hearing and listening to them, they'd hear her. She'd talk to them when she was lonely, mostly to the one named Jazz. It's not as if they knew her...though she did give Sunstreaker and Sideswipe good ideas for pranks...

Sunstreaker had made the earlier 'squishy' comment.

So she focused hard and thought directly to Sunny, as she and Sides called him, and Sides, saying 'Remember, I am a squishy too.'

'Oh, hey Cross. I wish you were here. Actually I don't because then Ratchet will have scanned you every hour.'

If she tried hard enough, as she just did, she could talk to any one of the bots.

And a couple Cons, of course.

"So what will I be doing?" Cross asked aloud as she looked at her uncle, the general. Yeah she had a screwed up family.

"We'll debrief you later," he grumbled.

Cross sighed as she focused again.

"Sunny, I would subject myself to brain scans to prove I'm not crazy,' she grumbled silently.

'WHAT?!'

'Sunny, you okay?'

'Yeah, just heard that General Morshower will be here soon. Got to go,' he said, and Cross silently whined to herself.

Then she received a thought.

'Little one, are you okay?'

"Fine, Wave," she muttered, and the men gave her looks.