Lui Calibre - Best Birthday Ever

(Y/N)'s POV

"Would you quit talking in that kid voice and listen to me for once?" I said.

I was starting to get agitated. It was close to my birthday and my boyfriend of four years is being stubborn.

I wanted to fly back home to see my family for my birthday, for I haven't seen them in about a year and half now. I wanted Lui to go with me, but I guess he had other plans.

"No!" He said in his squeaker voice. He's starting to piss me off.

"Well if you're not gonna listen to anything I say, then at least listen to this. If you're gonna continue to be a dick like this, then we're over. I'm leaving for my parents house tomorrow, and I'll stay there."

His eyes stayed glued to the screen. I walk out of his office, and I start to pack my stuff. We've lived with each other since I moved to San Diego, so about six years ago. We were friends back in high school, and when we lived together for some time, we grew feelings for each other.. yadda yadda yadda, a fairy tale turned into wasted time, basically..

Lui's POV

"Dude!!" Evan shouts at me in the Skype call.

"I know. I kinda fucked up, but my plan will hopefully work perfectly, and she'll change her mind.. Hopefully. You guys ready?" I ask everyone.

Yes's, yeah's and uh huh's are heard from everyone.

(Y/N/)'s POV

I board my plane without taking a second glance back. Lui left right after our 'conversation,' if you'd like to call it that, to go spend time with his friends. The next time I'll be back, is to get the rest of my belongings.

After the plane, my parents pick me up at the airport. They give me big hugs and smiles.

"Where's Lui?" Mom asks.

"He.. didn't come. I broke up with him. He was being stubborn and ignoring me and talking to me more like I was his mom instead of his girlfriend."

Both mom and dad smile. "That's okay sweetie." Dad reassures me. "I'm sure you'll be fine after your visit here."

Okay. Something's up. They're very cheerful, despite that I broke up with the boy that they thought was perfect for me.

They bring me home, and they lead me inside the house. There's balloons, cake, and a few presents. No one else is here, just us three, which I don't mind. I hug them, and we go over to the table where the cake is.

Mom lights the candles. They both start singing happy birthday. "Happy Birthday to you!"

Then other voices are added. "Happy Birthday to you!"

Slowly, one by one, everyone pops out of hiding. Craig, Evan, Tyler, David, Jonathan, Brock, Brian, and finally, Lui.

As they sing the last verse, Lui comes up to me and takes my hand.

"(Y/N), I know I've been a dick the past few days, not talking to you, being stubborn, and a little kid all the time basically. But I had to do it to keep my secret from you. I planned on lying to you about not being able to come here and then do what I already did, come and bring our friends. When you broke up with me my heart shattered. But regardless, I'm still going to do what I had planned on doing."

He gets down on one knee, and opens a tiny box revealing a diamond ring.

"I love you to the bottom of my heart. I love spending my spare time with you. I love being with you altogether. I'm so happy that we decided to live together, then start a relationship. I just hope you can forgive me. But (Y/N), will you do me the honor and become my beautiful wife?"

Tears were streaming down my cheeks. I stand up and tackle him to the ground in a hug. "Yes Lui! I'll marry you!"

Cheers are heard from all around. I sit up, and Lui slips the ring onto my finger. Best birthday ever!