Chapter Five • October 28th, 2016

• October 28th, 2016
Bokuto tells you he likes a girl but he doesn't feel like she likes him back. He asks for your advice but you tell him to focus on work. Give him advice instead.

You wonder who he likes. Could it be one of the volleyball managers? Shirofuku? She's cute and a third year, you'll keep her on the list of possibilities. The future didn't give a name so it could be anybody.

It's bugging you. Not because you don't know who it is. It's another reason but you can't quite put your finger on it.

Finally, one of the teachers announces you are doing partner work. You figure this would be the time for it. You came to this conclusion because you would both be working and his mind may be thinking about something else, as it always did when it came to school work.

You went home after school and you had no way to talk to Bokuto now. When you talked to Bokuto throughout the day, he never brought up that topic. Was the letter wrong? Did the future you mess up the date? Is this all actually a prank?

When you gave Bokuto lunch money, the next day you spent personal time with him. That wouldn't have happened if you didn't give him money. That means you changed the future. Since you have changed the future by doing what the letter says, is the conversation never going to happen? What event changed that?

Earlier in the day, you thought it would be through partners. Would that have been the moment? You weren't assigned to be his partner. Did not changing your seat affect who you were partners with?! You're not just affecting yours and Bokuto's future when you do the letter, you're interfering with others too.

Does he not like anyone now? Or did he ask someone else for advice? Now you don't know. Should you ask him if he likes anybody? The future you wanted you to give him advice. Maybe you should ask him tomorrow.

••• October 29th, 2016 •••

You waited for the right moment to bring it up. The teacher is currently gathering materials for the class, maybe you can bring it up now.

"Bokuto-san," you interrupt, "do you happen to like anybody? I'm just curious."

Bokuto looks at you and pauses for a moment to think, "That's a secret."

"So you like somebody?"

"I didn't say that either! I said it's a secret."

"But if you didn't like anybody, you would have just said no."

"Okay, fine," Bokuto lets in, "but I can't tell you who it is! Do you like anybody?"

"No," you begin, "I don't think so. No one really stands out to me. I don't talk to too many people aside from the girls you introduced me to at lunch. You're my best friend in here."

"You're my best friend in this class too!" Bokuto exclaims.

Is he not going to ask you for advice? What kind of advice can you give him anyway? You don't even know who they are or if he even has one now. Your answers for his advice could be totally different for the girl he likes and you can be the cause of his rejection. It's probably best not to get involved.

At least to avoid emo mode.

[A/N: sorry if this chapter is confusing!! please comment what i can do to make it make more sense!! this chapter was just showing that the decisions you make from the letter affect everything and some situations change due to previous decisions!]