Age Of Heroes

— CHAPTER EIGHT —

             — CHAPTER EIGHT —

I had looked at the palm of my hand and see a faint scar I had since I was a child. All this time my ears would be told that I had been born with it, that it looked like a scar from battle, a meaning I was ready for whatever the Gods would throw at me, to test my knowledge on certain things. I did not know what to think, but knowing what more to feel; a feeling of pure confusement, rage and sadness filled my entire soul, I did not know what or what isn't reality any longer, the only reality I had was I'd been sleeping with the King's wife, The Kingsguard's sister, The Prince's and Princess's mother “I could be wrong” Cersei muttered “But your palm gives enough evidence, little one” she adds kindly, smiling warmly at me yet very sympathetic. The little prince Tommen had been right this entire time, I belonged to a somewhat noble family, that my surname had been changed by my supposed parents with only a letter, replacing the “R” with a “V” Vyndelle. A King who goes by Bayn Vyndelle was known as 'Man of Peace' and lived far off in a rarely known kingdom named Mitharros where the castle sat deep in the woods, a castle tangled with ruins but still breathed. It was read that King Bayn was never happy with his wife, a woman of a house far off in Essos, therefore he betrayed his wife and slept with one of his servants named Elise, it was described a woman with red hair like mine. The wife had found out once the child was born, the wife had murdered her husband by stabbing his face more than twenty times and attempting to murder the child considering it a peasant, forbidden to even fit to rule the kingdom but only managed to cut the palm, no one knows what had happened or how the Queen was strangled, rumours were Elise killed the Queen before the woman could murder the child, not even the book itself knew, not even Elise said a word. The Kingdom is now ruled by King Asrid Jreg Vyndelle, Bayn's father. A man whom too agreed that peasantborn children were not allowed to rule in Mitharros, Asrid was as strict and firm like the trees they've been surrounded for centuries, nothing like his son Bayn; therefore he had no single care for wherever the child laid, me. House Vyndelle had a sigil of Owls with a moon. It was now clear why Cersei had brought this conversation up, why she had made me speak of my past to have better knowledge before assuming anything. I could only sit there and view the parchment with a man drawn in it, sitting on a wooden throne, his hair was long, falling down his shoulders, silk and dark as the night sky, royal and graceful with his pale blue eyes, like mines, it was my father sitting on that throne and on his head sat his crown made of twisted vines and branches like pointy thin fingers reaching into his locks of hair, it was also with a silver head dress that fell loosely down his forehead with a moon on it. They worshipped the old Gods and the Moon, never the new -- it was one of the main reasons why the kingdom was always so distant, unknown and mysterious. They are loyal, and not with the new age order, yet it still made no sense, I still had questions, one not even the book nor Cersei could answer; why did my mother abandoned me? Who was Nicholas really? Did war start between the Queen's noble family? and I had nowhere to start.

“I had a feeling your surname was familiar” Cersei said catching me from my own thoughts that'd I been drifted in, but my eyes were kept down low, unable to see anyones eyes and hers “When I was a child I was taught the history on as what they call Age of Heroes. One I remember, of Mitharros whom no longer have any alliance with our house" She continued keeping the brim of the cup against her bottom lips "King Loren Lannister had relied on house Vyndelle, the house had always relied for centuries, Vyndelle was known to have the best of healing plants and the second of best swords — before Valyrian swords of course. From what I remember, Aegon Targaryen declared war to reclaim the throne, that if Loren were to not bend the knee he'd face fire and blood" She explained, almost smirking and scoffing at that "The Lannister's never lose their pride for the enemy, for no one, some of us are afraid to look weak and fail to their surnames. He relied on your house, they never appeared during battle because they are men of peace. I say it is quite obvious they ran away knowing the man had three large fire breathing dragons ... and he did. Loren had 60,000 men and all were burned -- well half of our men and leaving Loren to bend the knee like a fool..." Cersei smirked, taking another drink off her goblet, wiping her lips with her own thumb slowly "Strange isn't it? I happen to hear these stories, the ones not written in these old books but passed down to the Lannister's by voice to remind every generation of Lions to trust no one but our own. Until of course my husband had arrived, completely changing everything ... and here you are sitting right in front of me" she uttered softly, and I swallowed at how she looked at me, it felt no longer kind but tense and very stern. Cersei smiled thinly wrestling her own tongue in her mouth along a muffled small scoff feeling like she had instantly read my mind "Oh, don't worry, little one" She added, fixing the fabric of her gown below her legs rising her goblet for more wine "This was long ago. You had no part in this tragic of a story"